Chapter 43-- He's still the boss

Liam's P.O.V

When I got back to the hospital the doctor told us she would be fine. He told us to give her time. He also told us to stay out of her room for a while till she's stable again. She's still not out of Coma.

Mom took Ian, Mia, and Ryder home. I told everyone to go home and rest including Jane's mom. She didn't want to but my mom took her home. It's just me and Jane's sister, Julie, at the hospital. She wouldn't leave.

I sat on the chair in the private waiting room. Feeling so restless, not knowing what to do.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulders and I turned my head. I saw Julie with a sad smile on her face, holding a camera.

"Hey, I thought you should see this. It should cheer you up." She said with a smile before handing over a camera to me.

I sat up and took it from her.

"What is it?" I asked curiously. She just shrugged her shoulder. "See for yourself," She simply said and went back to her seat.

I put on the camera. The first picture I saw was of a pregnant Jane relaxing on a chair, eating blueberries. It looks like she had no idea the picture was taken.

The picture made me smile.

I saw a lot of pictures of Jane still carrying Ian in her stomach. My smile turned bigger and bigger as I found more pictures. Then there was a video. She was lying on the hospital bed, breathing heavily while her mom was doing breathing exercises with her.

It looked like Jane was in a lot of pain. Julie, who was holding the camera was mimicking Jane's sound. She moved closer to Jane. Jane was sweating. It was clear she was in a lot of pain.

"Jane, just keep breathing," Her mom said, holding her hand tightly. Jane nodded vigorously making different sounds with her mouth. The doctor came in with two other nurses.

"Looks like he's ready to come," The doctor said, looking between her thighs. "Are you sure you want to do this naturally? Are you sure you don't want any epidural?" The doctor asked Jane.

All she did was nod quickly.

"Okay, just keep breathing. Push with all your strength only when I ask you. Are we clear?" The doctor said and she nodded again.

I wish I was there with her. I would have done anything to be there to hold her and give her the strength she needed.

"Come on Jane, you can do this sweetheart. Mama is here," Her mom said, still holding her tightly.

"Ms. Collins, let's do this. Push!" The doctor said. She did as she was told with all her strength. She screamed so loud. She surprised me by crying out my name. I paused the video and set the camera aside.

I looked over at Julie, she nodded her head for me to go ahead and watch it. I took the camera again and clicked on play.

"Come on Jane, I want to see him already!" Julie said behind the camera, making Jane laugh.

"Mom, I can't. I can't do this. I'm tired. Mom, it hurts so bad," She cried out.

"I know baby, but it's just a moment of pain. When he's here, he will be your bundle of joy. You'll know the pain is worth it just by looking at him for the first time, I promise. You're not alone we are here for you," Her mom encouraged her.

Jane pushed again after the doctor's call.

"I know Mom, but I want Liam here. I want Liam. I should have told him, Mom. He should be here," Jane cried.

Her sister held her other hand. It took everything in me not to cry at that moment.

"Don't worry, Jane. You'll be fine, I promise. We can deal with that later. Now push before I bring that baby out myself," Julie said, making the mood a bit better.