Chapter 15-- Game room

Liam's P.O.V

It has been four weeks since 'the elevator confrontation'. Almost two months after Nikos' birthday and I haven't been on friendly terms with Jane since then.

I'm supposed to send her back to the Chicago office, but I've been sitting on the paperwork.

I can't bring myself to sign it.

I have to admit the fact that it sucks, and I miss her, but I have to do what I have to do to get her out of my mind.

I didn't wanna be rude but I had to do it. I know she hates me now, and that's what I need.

My dad was right. I can't be in a relationship with her. It's too complicated. I'm not the type of guy she wants. I'm used to my way of life. I can't be in a serious relationship.

I remember what he said vividly.

"Are you out of your mind? You can't bring your playboy life into the company. What do you think the board would say when they find out? I've been receiving calls all morning just because of your carelessness last night. What if things don't work out? It's not going to be the same. It might lead to a case of sexual harassment. You know damn well that won't be good for the company or yourself. The board members are trying to overlook your past. I don't even care much about you doing it outside but don't ever bring that lifestyle into the company. You need to stop whatever it is that's between you two now before things get out of hand. Are we clear?" He said Firmly.

"Yes, father," I replied.

"Good," He said and walked away.

My phone brought me out of my thoughts. I picked it up from the coffee table. I saw Nikos' name as the caller ID.

"Hello," I answered. "Hey men, are you at the penthouse?" Nikos asked. "Yes, of course. I'm at home," I answered.

"Oh good, we'll be up there in a minute." He said. "Wait, what do you mean by We," I asked. "George and I, idiot" He answered and hung up.

George and Nikos walked in like they owned the place.

"What's up bro," George said sitting on the other couch facing me, while Nikos walked straight to the kitchen.

"Hey bro, how's Laila?" I asked

"My amazing wife is doing great. Thanks for asking," He replied with a smile.

Nikos sat beside George with a bottle of whiskey.

George and I both stared at Nikos at the same time.

"What? Can't I make myself feel at home?" He asked and sipped out of his glass of whisky.

"So, what's going on with you man? Any new chic?" George asked with a smirk.

"I just met this girl called Samantha Swift. She's one of the Victoria's Secret new angels. You guys should see this girl. She's smoking hot and wild, like crazy wild. She left two hours ago," I replied, thinking about the night before.

"At least you had a crazy night. Last night, I had to take my grandma and my niece to the movies to watch a freaking sad movie. It was the worst night of my life," Nikos said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, that reminds me. There's something I wanted to ask you." Nikos uttered after a minute of silence. "What?" I replied.

"You and Jane are not going out, right? Like there's nothing between you two? Not even once?" He asked curiously.

"No, why do you ask?" I replied.

"I was just thinking of asking her out. You know... on a date," He announced.

I sat up straight and cleared my throat.

George was busy looking back and forth between us. "You're okay with that right?" Nikos asked again because I didn't reply.

"Yeah... sure... of course... I mean, why not? No problem. I'm cool with that. I mean, it's not like we're dating or anything. Go ahead." I replied, and my voice came out louder than usual.

Way to go, thanks for betraying me.

"Cool," Nikos said with a smile, while George just couldn't stop smirking.

"Wait, she's not even your type. I thought you like 'em blonde," I asked curiously, trying to change his mind.

"I know right? But I like her. She seems cool. I enjoyed her company on my birthday," He said smirking.

I can't believe this Greek bastard just said that.

I don't understand why it's pissing me off. I just have this strange sting, like something is poking my heart. It's probably from drinking too much last night.

I think it's time for me to let her go. I can't have her, but why do I find it so hard?

It just sucks that I can't be the one. I've known her for about six months now. It has been a while since I saw her smile at me, or heard her laugh. She has been putting on a cold face. The face I saw when I first met her in Chicago.

I brought her here because of my stupid punishment, but now I think I'm the one being punished.

"Liam! Are you okay?" I heard George's voice. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "It's like you zoned out or something," Nikos said.

"No, I'm alright, do you guys want to go to the game room?" I asked changing the subject.

"Sure," They replied together. We stood up and walked to the game room.

Please vote and comment. Thanks.