Chapter 19-- Confession

Jane's P.O.V

It has been exactly fifteen days since the beach house. Liam and I have been strictly professional. There were times when he tried to make a conversation but I just ignored him or cut it off. I don't know how long it's going to last but this is the best I can do.

It's business, not a social place just like he said. Nikos and I also stopped the fake relationship. For some reason, he calls me once in a while to check up on me.

I wasn't supposed to work today, but Liam emailed me last night about one 'important' meeting we had.

I dressed up, took the elevator, got into my car, and drove off.

There is traffic as usual.

I should have taken a cab, I don't even know why I decided to drive my car. My phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID, and I saw Liam's name.

"Hello?" I answered. "Jane, this is John speaking," John said.

Why is John calling with Liam's phone?

"What's going on?" I asked. "The meeting has been canceled. Liam won't be able to attend. He's not feeling well. And he asked to see you," He replied.

Is this a sick joke?

"Why? I'm not a doctor," I expressed. "I don't know, but you're the person he asked for," He replied.

Oh great, now I have to take care of a sick person.

"Okay bye," I said irritated about the fact that he wanted to see me. I was totally happy the meeting was canceled, and that I didn't have to see him.

I feel bad for speaking to John the way I did. He doesn't deserve it. I shouldn't be taking it out on him.

I packed the car and took the private elevator to the top floor. "Good morning. He's in his room," John said walking towards the elevator.

"Good morning. John wait!" I said, he stopped and twirled. "I'm sorry for talking to you like that earlier. I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you. I'm sorry," I apologized. He let out a deep breath.

"I know, it's okay. I understand, I mean you work for Liam."He chuckled. I smiled at him. "We are good?" I asked smiling. "We are good," He smiled back.

I walked towards Liam's room making sure I wiped the smile off my face.

This better not be a joke. I knocked and heard a very rough voice. I guess he told me to come in. I opened the door slowly and entered.

I saw a very messy-looking Liam on the bed with tissues everywhere.

I moved towards him to touch his forehead to check his temperature. It was hot. I guess it's serious.

"Have you taken anything or seen a doctor?" I asked. "No, I don't want to," He answered. "Okay, I think Advil should help. I'll make a chicken soup for you. Let's clean up this mess around you first." I said looking at the tissues on his bed and on the floor.

I went to the kitchen to make some chicken soup.

I cleaned up the mess in his room even though he told me to leave it for the housekeeper, but I couldn't. The soup was ready and he begged me to feed him. He said he couldn't lift his hands.

Yeah right! Like I'm supposed to believe that, but I fed him anyway.

"So, where are your bimbos? Aren't they supposed to be taking care of 'their man' now," I said sarcastically

"Ha ha ha very funny," He said.

"Thanks," He mumbled after a few minutes of silence.

I didn't say anything. He asked me to lay on the bed and I did. He placed his head on my lap making himself comfortable, but I didn't protest.

I kind of liked it, it felt right.

"You know Jane, everything you said about me at the beach house was right. I'm possessive, selfish, and arrogant. I don't like seeing you with another guy. I get jealous. But I was selfish. I like you so much, and I've never liked someone this much. I guess I knew this all along I just didn't want to admit it. I was afraid. Afraid of letting go of things I have control over, and all that kind of stuff. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I can't avoid you anymore Jane. I tried to, but it didn't work. It was so difficult. I don't want to do that again. I just can't explain my feelings for you," He admitted leaving me speechless.

He sat up facing me, I did the same. He took my hands.

"I want you. I'm ready. I want you to give me a chance. I want to know more about you, your favorite things, things you would like to do. I wanna call you my girl. I want to go out with you," He said looking straight into my eyes.

What do I say? My mouth isn't moving!

Please vote and comment.