Introduction

You don't have to rely on anybody or a man to make you happy. You just have to search within yourself and find your way to happiness. For me, it was a little bit of both a beautiful man, and finally finding a way out of my darkness. The darkness that hides in my heart, the darkness that never left.

-- Jane Collins

Introducing the main characters.

Jane Collins is a beautiful and smart young lady. She has always been that girl who is so proud of her melanin, birth by a British lady and an African-American father. She lived with her mother and sister in London for 16 years. She did not see her father, Patrick Collins until she was 15 years old. He used to call her and her siblings on the phone, and they talked almost every day. It still was not the same.

She moved away from her mother and sister to move in with her father, her stepmother, and her stepsister at the age of 16.

Now she's a grown woman, who is successful, beautiful, and strong, but she is unhappy. She could not find joy in her life, because she could not forgive or forget her past.

Liam Greenwood is the typical cocky rich boy. He's young, smart, ambitious, and as handsome as they come. Everywhere he goes all eyes are on him.

Liam is a billionaire, the C.E.O of Greenwood Corporation. He's someone who claims he can never fall in love. His favorite line is "Why waste time on loving one woman when you can have them all."

What happens when he meets a girl? He can't stop thinking about it. The only one that stood out. A girl he can't seem to figure out, but there are lots of things stopping him from chasing the girl.