Chapter 44-- She's my hero, she doesn't need a cape

Jane's P.O.V
My body hurt so bad, that it felt like I fell from a very tall building, and tons of irons pierced through my heart. The pain I feel in my chest is agonizing. Why do I feel this much pain? I wasn't feeling this pain before.

I'm still stuck in the dark place. I can't see anything.

All of a sudden, the moment I was shot came back to me like it just happened. I felt the pain and the huge shock I had. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping the pain would reduce. This is the most agonizing pain ever. It felt like my body doesn't belong to me anymore.

I felt a very bad pain in my lungs. Every breath I took was pain.

Was I shot or Was I pushed down the Empire State Building? Or both.

"Doctor! Doctor, I think she's waki__waking__up__up. She's__she's moving her fingers," I heard someone say. It sounded more like an echo.

What is she talking about?

My eyelids started moving but all I felt was pain like never before. My vision was blurry but it started clearing up little by little.

"Jane, can you hear me? If you can, I need you to just focus on my finger. Follow my finger with your eyes," Another voice said.

This time I could hear clearly. He raised his finger close to my face and started moving it from left to right. I did as he instructed.

I tried to say something but my throat hurt too much.

"Welcome back Ms. Collins. I'm going to let your family know you're awake. They will be so happy to see you. They've been here every single day for three weeks now. You're having a good and quick recovery. It means your body is responding well," He said, smiling.

Have I been out for three weeks?

"I know you are feeling a lot of pain now, but I promise you, you'll be fine. You're just lucky it didn't cause more damage to your body than in most cases. I know you feel the pain all over your body. It's all due to the impact of the type of bullet you took. You probably don't understand half of what I'm saying now. I will explain better when you can talk. For now, just relax." He said and smiled.

He did some necessary check-ups before leaving with the nurse.

Why do I have all these weird tubes and wires all over my body?

The actors in movies made it look much easier, but this is the worst feeling ever.

"Jane?" I heard my mom's voice. She walked in with my sister right behind her. "Oh my god! Jane, are you okay?" She continued. She and Julie started to cry but I couldn't talk.

When did they get here? Where is Ian and Liam? Did something happen to them? Why are they not here?

I had a lot of questions but I wasn't able to voice it out.

Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Don't you ever scare us like that again," Julie said in tears. All I could do was stare at them.

"Both Ian and Liam are well and okay," My mom said with a smile, reading my mind.

I need to see for myself.

I heard the door open and the person I had been longing to see came into view.

Liam ran in.

He had tears in his eyes and a bright smile appeared on his face when he saw me.

I hope Ian is okay too.

"We should give them some space. Come on, Mom. We can talk to her later," Julie said and Mom agreed. They both walked out.