➣ thirteen

▽ Against The Current Ft. The Ready Set Cover Of I Wanna Get Better

               thirteen

My knuckles banged against the door three times before the door opened. There stood Felicity Burns, mother of the one and only Jessica Burns.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Burn family. Just Jessica.

On several different occasions, Jessica has found a way to purposely vandalize my house, my clothes and even my daughter with all the booty shorts.

I almost got kicked out of my apartment one time because of her. Of course I had don't have actual proof to pin it on her, but every time before she leaves she gives me a smirk.

She is also the reason why Ariella's hamster died.

Long story.

But of course I could never admit that I have a silent rival with an eleven year old because people will start to think I'm crazy.

So now every time the girls do a sleepover it's only going to be held at Jessica's house.

I'm done with that bullshit.

''Juliet, don't you still look young'' She complimented.

''Thank you Felicity. Is Ariella ready?'' I politely ask.

''Yes she should be coming down in a few seconds'' She informed with a smile.

I'm pretty sure Jessica's adopted, she's nothing like her family. They're too polite to own a daughter like her.

''Hey mom'' Ariella smiled, getting closer to door wearing a see through black laced crop top and leather jeans.

My jaw dropped.

'Her bra isn't even a dark color. It's hot pink!'.

My tightened as I looked up. I saw Jessica at the bottom landing once again smirking directly at me.

My nostrils flared as I shook my head, mentally cursing out the little girl.

''Let's go''.

× × ×

I fixed the strap to my purse against my shoulder as I enter Basil Cafe.

'Never thought I'd see this place again'.

I easily spotted Alex a few booths away from the door on her phone.

I smiled as I approached. ''Hey''.

She looked up and smiled. ''Hey''.

I took a seat across from her and took a deep breath.

A reminder to everyone right now, I could be watching The Boy Next Door.

''So, what would you like to know?'' I ask.

''Malia told me you and her had history but never went into details. What ever happened?''.

I flattened my lips and bowed my head, nodding. ''I wasn't aloud to tell her fiance, Stiles that him and I have a daughter. It was basically a threat''.

Her lips curved ovally. ''So how come Stiles isn't with you?''.

I shrugged my shoulders. ''I guess he loves her enough not to leave her''.

''There is such thing as child support-''.

''Oh no, no I can't put him through that. I work and I can support my kids without the government forcing him to pay''.

She nodded understandingly. ''You know Malia says you can be sweet but also naive. I don't see it''.

The corner of my lips fell. ''She said that?''.

She nodded. ''Don't take it personal, Malia's not always as bright as she think she is''.

I smirked. ''Well I'm glad to hear you say that. For a second, I honestly thought you're friendship with her could be to the point of sisters''.

She chuckled while shaking her head. ''No, we're good friends but I wouldn't say we're that close''.

Two cups of french vanilla landed in front of us. I looked up to see-

''Fabian''.

He smirked knowingly. ''No way! Cameron Diaz from Bad Teacher, what are you doing here?''.

I smiled, pushing my hair aside. ''He calld me prerty''.

And that's the sentence that made his smile drop. ''Ew''.

I rolled my eye's. ''You still work here?''.

He shrugged his shoulders. ''Pays good and only five minutes away from home''.

I raised my arms in defense.

''I'm Alex''.

''Congratulations''. He then walked off.

I nodded. ''He's the reason why guys bully the gays''.

☯  ☯  ☯

Sinisters published and out bitches ❤❤

Enjoy the Dunbar feels..