➣ five

▽ Alexi Blue Cover Of Halo

               ➣ five

A knock was heard from my door before a head poked in.

''Hey mom? I was wondering if I could head over to Jessica's and spend the night?''. Ariella opened the door wider and took a step in.

Although my lost gaze fell upon my reflection on my pitch black tv screen that sat on top of my dresser a few feet away, I nodded.

''Are you sure? Mom?'' She questioned, taking careful steps closer to my bed.

My back slouched while I sat criss cross, my hands inside of my lap. My throat and mouth were dry as my lips were slightly separated.

''Mom are you okay?''.

I turned to her and lifted my arms apart. ''Come''.

It wasn't long before she got on the bed and sat in my lap. She criss crossed her legs as well as I wrapped my arms around her, letting her lean into me.

''Can you promise me something muppet?'' I finally spoke. She turned her head to face me with a smile growing on her lips.

''Muppet? It's been so long since you've called me that''.

I smiled faintly. ''Do you miss it?''.

She looked at me genuinely and nodded. ''I remember when I was little, you had to call me muppet at least one time per day. Now that I think about it, why did you call me muppet?''.

My smile grew. ''On you're very first Christmas, my friend Violet had gotten you a Gonzee muppet. The day after Christmas I was suppose to go back over to her house and ask for a reciept but you were clinging to it every second. You slept with it, ate with it, watch tv with it-''.

I laughed. ''You even wanted to take baths with it''.

She looked down and shook her head while chuckling.

''But you lost it one day and you were so upset you cried none stop. Now I didn't know where the hell Violet would get such a thing, so I bought The Muppet's on dvd and played it for you. Every morning you would watch it, but the habit faded. From then on to cherish that exotic memory, I would called you muppet. That seemed to fade too'' I finished.

She smiled faintly. ''Very exotic''.

I laughed at her remark that was followed by a small snort.

''But seriously, promise me something?''.

Her smile vanish and became just as serious as I was and nodded.

''Promise me that no matter what, you'll never leave me?'' I whispered.

She looked at me for a lingering second before wrapping her arms around my neck.

''I promise''.

I smiled into her shoulder. Hunter and Ariella are the only people, the only reason why I have hope.

Their my babies and obviously, babies grow quicker then you tend. I know they'll always be my babies no matter what, but my baby girl is already wanting to do these things like wear crop tops, have sleep overs, shop with her friends, constantly involved with social media.

Before you know it she's gonna have her first boyfriend, her first kiss, her first date, her first heartbreak, her first time, her first prom. Then she'll be off to college.

She'll be gone and I won't be with her.

And Hunter. He's quicker then Ariella did. He already has his first crush and is asking me how to get her.

Basically their gonna leave me soon and I'm mentally not prepared for that.

''I love you'' I whisper, her hair getting a little we from my tears.

''I love you too mommy''.

I closed my eye's tightly.

'It's been so long since she called me mommy'.

''Mom I'm done with my homework''.

I turned to see Hunter at my door, eyeing us curiously of the moment.

I extended my left arm. ''Come here''.

He ran over to my bed and jumped into the hug.

''Ugh my babies'' I groaned as I rolled the three of us over.

× × ×

''If I give you this, you must vow to cost no more trouble at school''.

I was on both knees to match up to Hunter's height, nose to nose as I held in my right hand his fiery red 3ds.

He slapped his right hand against his heart and nodded. ''I vow to cost no more trouble at school''.

I smiled and handed it to him. ''Good boy''.

Ariella came into the living wearing only her pajamas as she jumped into couch, immediately changing channels.

''I thought you were spending the night at Jessica's?'' I ask, standing up to my two feet.

She shrugged. ''I was but I decided to pass. Not every second needs to be spent with her mom''.

I rolled my eye's with a smirk sketching my lips.

''Pretty Little Liars Is On People, Channel Thirty Nine!'' Alice announced while her and Riley came storming in clutching to a variety of snacks.

''My aunts are awesome'' Ariel stated, grabbing the bowl of popcorn from Riley.

☯  ☯  ☯

I might have cried while writing this...