The cosmetologist trimmed two inches from my hair, leaving it just below my bra strap. I looked slightly different, yet I loved it. Who cares about that scar on my back? I have no other person to impress except for Baylor which who has seen it plenty of times.

The beautician curled my hair in tight curls with a big barrel. She then braided the roots of my hair into a waterfall braid and hair sprayed it. The makeup artist contoured my face, gave me a smokey eye, winged eyeliner, big eyelashes, and lipstick. I looked totally different. I've never had this much done to my face. I hope Baylor liked it.

When I paid the cosmetologist and the makeup artist, I exited the shop and headed home.

"Wow, sis. You look a lot better with the makeup on." He stared at my face.

"Shut up and drive. I have to put on a dress and heels and take prom pictures."

He only laughed as we made it home.

"Do you need help?" Aiden asked behind the other side of my door.

"No," I answered. I shifted the dress around my breast area so I wouldn't be twisted up. I fixed it around my sides and slid my heels on. I stood from my bed feeling five hundred inches taller.

I opened my door to a guy who was once leaning on my door.

"Are you nervous?" he asked a question once again.

"Not entirely nervous, just excited, really."

Aiden hummed. "I can't believe my little sister is going to prom."

I chuckled. "Well it's not my prom, it's Baylor's."

There was a sudden knock on the door and Aiden told me to go hide; that it was bad luck if he saw me in the dress until prom (only if he knew it were for weddings).

I walked to my room and closed the door like he told me to. I packed my phone, oil observing sheets, bandaids, and a little bit of money in a clutch.

"I was expecting a bit more feminine face. Someone who is short and has good-looking features. Someone who is my girlfriend and date to prom." I heard Baylor's voice echo down the hall. I remembered those exact words that were meant for my brother on the first day I had actually held a conversation with him. My insides lit up inside and I felt a smile overcome my face.

"She's not ready," Aiden said. I rolled my eyes. I heard footsteps coming down the hallway and I grew overwhelmed of seeing a great-looking guy in a tuxedo.

My door had a knock and I replied. "Come in." I felt my cheeks burn with a blush and the door opened.

I turned to face the most handsome guy in the world and I smiled widely. I waltzed to him, my heels clacking across the floor. His eyes were the size of saucers with a bright smile across his face. He walked up to me and brought me into a hug. My arms wrapped around his neck.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Rose." He pulled away and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Baylor. You're the most handsome guy in the world."

His smile was very broad like mine. God, he looked amazing.

He took his hands and clasped them in mine. He pressed his lips to mine. "So beautiful." He kissed my (now) red cheek.

I saw Aiden behind Baylor, grinning away with a tint of shiny eyes.

"I think it's time for pictures," Baylor spoke when he looked at the watch on his wrist.

I followed Baylor out of my room and into the living room to tell my brother goodbye.

"You take care of my sister, okay?" Aiden demanded.