Chapter 8 Elsa's POV

Hey you!  Yeah you!  Thanks for reading man!  Comment below maybe? :)

QOTD:  What was your childhood thing?  Like your thing.  Mine was Scooby Doo haha.

* * * * * * *

Being up there with Jack and seeing nothing except that glorious sunset, it was easy to believe that we were the only people in the world. It was the most breathtaking sight, as if angels themselves had painted it. I couldn't stop looking at it. Under normal circumstances I might have been scared to be on standing on the edge of a cliff. But I wasn't. I wasn't worried about falling at all. Jack had his hands on my arms and all I could think about is how I wanted this moment to last forever. For life to always be this beautiful.

"I thought you might like to see it. It was one of my favorite places to be for a long time." Jack said.

"Thank you. For showing this to me." I told him quietly. He didn't reply.

We watched in silence as the colors faded slowly. Pretty soon it was dusk, the only light the dim starlight and the Moon. Jack slowly walked backwards, taking me with him.

Jack's hands slipped from my arms and I couldn't help feeling a twinge of disappointment. The feeling lingered for a moment and I stopped myself, feeling confused.

"Are you wanting to go back?" he asked me. I looked at him and then looked all around us.

"Can we stay a little longer?"

He smiled and nodded. Then he walked over and sat on the edge of the cliff, laying his stick a couple feet behind him. He gestured for me to join him.

I cautiously sat down beside him, my feet dangling on the edge. I willed myself to not be brave and closed my eyes tightly. I heard Jack chuckle and I opened my eyes to look at him.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked him. He shook his head, grinning.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Then he leaned in and whispered in my ear, "You look a little scared."

"No, of course not."

He gave me a look.

"Maybe just a little bit," I admitted. He ducked his head and smiled.

"Well I'm right here. I'll save you if you fall."

I laughed. "I appreciate that."

I sighed contently. Arendelle seemed so far away now. All the doubts and troubles that I'd been thinking of earlier were washed away. Everything in this moment felt so right. Like everything in the universe was in accord with each other.

So when Jack slipped his hand in mine, I didn't protest. I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks and I tried to be casual. He moved his fingers in a way so that they were entwined with mine, his thumb stroking my hand. I was careful to move, careful to breathe. Like the slightest movement would ruin this.

Everything in me felt alive. Like the slightest touch of his hand had awakened me. I swallowed. I didn't want to leave or get up.

I was a hypocrite. As much as I hated to admit it, I was. Only a few days ago, I had been scolding Anna for getting engaged to someone she barely knew. But I felt like I knew Jack and it wasn't anything near what Anna had done. Holding hands. That wasn't anything to ashamed of. It was different with Jack. He actually got me, we were both alike. I wasn't naive, there was something real. And it wasn't like it was going to be over the course of one night. There would be months to figure out what I was feeling, months to get to know each other.