Chapter 7 Jack's POV

Sooooooooo heyyyyyyyy.  Not sure what to say.  What kind of music do you guys like?  I'm listening to Carry On by Fun right now.  When you're lost or alone/ Or you're sinking like a stone/ Carry on/ Let your past be the sound/ Of your feet upon the ground/ Carry on//.  Ah.  So good.  I'd look up that song and Hometown by twenty one pilots.  Really good.

Advice for the day my friends: We've all been in rough places.  We all have our dark moments.  But carry on because it ends.  I promise you that no storm will last forever.  Carry on friends.

* * * * * * *

I could see her flinch when I referred to the terms 'princess' or 'queen' and I immediately regretted my choice of words. It was too soon, I couldn't press her about it. She would tell me when she wanted to. A strange look of fear passed over her face.

"Hey are you okay? I mean you aren't doing that bad," I babbled even though I knew that it wasn't the reason for her sudden stiffness. She shook her head and started upstairs, crossing her arms. I followed right behind her. We got upstairs and she sat down on a bench.

"No, I'm fine. Promise."

I nodded my head and inwardly kicked myself. Now she looked uncomfortable. I tried to think of something to do that would wipe this away from her mind. I sat down next to her.

"Tell me something."

"What?"

"No, I mean just tell me something. Anything."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Whatever you want to talk about. We could talk about food, sleep, both things which I don't partake of. . . we could talk about sunsets or I don't know."

"Let's talk about you."

I was taken aback.

"That's a pretty broad subject right there. I am the most fascinating person ever. We could talk about my spectacular ice gliding abilities or we could talk about my awesome powers. I guarantee that every conversation will be amazing."

She smiled and giggled.

"What's the craziest thing you've ever seen?"

"It depend on what your definition of crazy is. I've seen lots of crazy things. Some of them were downright weird and others were just," I paused, trying to think of the right word, "Some were just sad."

"Tell me about them."

"All right, well there was this one time when I saw this little boy just wandering around in the middle of nowhere. I thought that I'd just follow him, see where he goes. I was curious, because he just walked straight forward, as though he wasn't lost at all. I thought he was for the longest time. He'd been walking for a good half of the day when he suddenly stopped. A couple minutes later, this other boy emerged from the opposite sides of the woods. They kind of looked at each other and then they just started playing," I stopped, making sure that Elsa was listening. "They played, just running around for a little while. Then they both left, walking miles back to their villages. I stayed around there for a while and they did that day after day, week after week. I just always thought that it was crazy, how devoted they were to each other. Best friends."

"That's crazy," Elsa said, her voice thick. "I wish that I'd had a best friend like that."

"Didn't you growing up?"

"No. I didn't make a lot of friends. I had one when I was younger, my sister. But we grew up, and grew apart," she said.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Did she . . .?"