Unfortunately, that was the moment that somebody decided to open the bathroom door. My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed some toilet paper, which I wrapped around the cuts. This will have to do for now, I thought, before stuffing the blade back into the bag I'd brought.

"Armin?" Someone called out softly. Oh, no. I thought.

"E-Eren?" I replied.

"Yeah, it's me. Are you okay? I thought I heard crying." He responded.

Shit. "I-I'm fine. Just p-please go." I sniffed, trying not to start sobbing again.

"I'm not leaving until you come out of there." He said, walking towards my stall.

"N-no, Eren please go. I d-dont want you to s-see me like this." I nearly started sobbing then and there. I can't let him see my cuts.

"Armin, what happened?" He asked me gently, now right outside of my stall.

"N-nothing. Please l-leave, Eren." I said, more insistently this time.

"Armin, open the door."

"N-no, I'm sorry. Eren, just please go!" I cried out, my voice finally breaking, causing me to burst into sobs.

"Alright, that's it, I'm coming in there." He said, starting to fiddle with the lock on the outside.

"W-w-w-w-wait!" I sobbed as I got up, grabbing my bag as I did so. I reached for the door lock and undid it, allowing Eren to open it,

"Oh, Armin." Eren said as he enveloped me in a hug. I sobbed into his shoulder, wrapping my wiry arms around him. After a minute or so of me sobbing and him murmuring into my ear, my sobs had subsided enough for me to actually speak.

"Thank you." I whispered into his ear. He gave me one last squeeze before pulling out of the hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He said softly. I shook my head.

"Sorry I got your shirt all wet." I sniffed as I wiped my eyes.

"It's no problem." He smiled at me, before his gaze flicked down and the smile melted away. "Armin... Is that blood on your sleeve?" He said gently, though clearly alarmed. I glanced down and saw as my maroon sweatshirt's sleeve slowly got soaked in a darker red liquid.

"Shit." I muttered. "Shit shit shit." Eren's hand shot out, grabbing my wrist. I quickly tried to pull away, but to no avail.

"Armin," He said, "Let me see." He looked me in the eyes, his gaze enough to make me relax my arm, allowing him to pull up my sleeve. I glanced away as I heard his sharp intake of breath, not wanting to see the look on his face. I was sure he'd be disgusted, that he'd hate me just like everybody else. Instead, I found myself pulled into another hug. He held me tightly for a moment before he said, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't have been there for you." I was shocked at his words, and I thought for a moment before I replied.

"Th-there's no reason for you to be sorry. I should be the one apologizing." I sniffed, not wanting to start crying again. "I shouldn't be putting you through this. You'd be better off just leaving me now. It'd save you a lot of pain." This was when he pulled away from the hug and stared me straight in the eyes.

"Listen to me," He said, "I would never, ever leave you, especially not because of this." He gestured to my wrist. "I will always be here for you." As he said those words, my eyes brimmed with tears. Nobody, not my parents, friends, anybody, had ever said that to me. I squeezed him into a hug one last time.

"Thank you."

{time skip to after school}

As I walked out of the school, my mind flicked back to what happened earlier. Would that affect how Eren will react to the beating I know is awaiting me? I hoped not.