Nine : Her Biggest Regret

Start from the beginning

"Yes, kinda. I mean, in time we'll be like we used to be," I said flipping the book's page. This time I didn't even read the book, I just pretend like I did. The problems I had for the past week is now in my mind, not anything related to college.

"Well then, why are you avoiding-," I cut her off. "I did not avoid her, I just need my time," I said rolling my eyes. If she told Al that I avoid her or something, I completely changed my mind about forgiving her. Like really.

"As I was saying," she took my book away from me. I gave her an annoyed look, and I tried to grab my book again, but she hid it behind her back. I want to shout at her, but hey it's in the library.

"Give me back-,"

"Why are you avoiding him ?" we said in the same time. What she said leaving me dumbstruck. I put myself down on my seat again before I crossed my hands infront of my chest. I know who she's talking about, and to be honest I'm so done about this.

"What are you talking about," she snorted. "We all know who the hell am I talking about," I rolled my eyes, trying to look convincing.

"I'm not avoiding him, I'm trying to study. Relationship or whatever we had is not my priority," I replied flatly. She raised her eyebrow.

"Really ? Then why did you always dodge his offer on lunch ? Why did you say no everytime he asked you out ? Why did you only answer his question in one word ? Why did you act like you didn't have any interest on him ? Are you meeting someone new ?" she asked me, raising her tone. I rolled my eyes at her before I laughed humourlessly, fighting the urge to tell her that I never intended to do that to her brother.

"Did he tell you everything ? Like you know, confiding you with his struggles on life ? And no, I'm not meeting someone new. Like I said, I'm focusing myself in school stuff," I put my stuff inside my bag infuriated, leaving my phone ontop of the table so I could pocket it later. I almost stand up when Al took my phone away.

"What the fu-," I was cut off by the others, they're shushing at me and I gave them apologetic look.

"He texted you twenty times since morning, and you answered his message from yesterday this morning. You didn't bother to answer his calls even at Sunday, where we went to the store to buy some new clothes for us. Why are you doing this ?" she asked me irritatedly. I snatched my phone from her hand.

"Because I didn't believe him, anything he said and anything he did. Your step-brother is nothing but a player, just like what Karen says. I feel sorry for her for defending him on that fight, or on every single fight we had," I spoke out. She tried to say something but I cut her off, by saying something I'll definitely regret.

"Now, if you're excuse me, I need to study and I owe an apology to Karen. Tell your brother to stop bothering me, cause we're done" I pointed out heavily. I fight back the tears in my eyes from falling, turning my heels and walk towards the exit. I almost cry when I exited the library. God, what've I done ?

I feel somebody tap my shoulder. "You're a bitch, you know that ?" Alleta said before she pushed me on my shoulder. I looked at her in disbelief, but deep down I knew I would do the same if I were her.

"Why can't you just mind your own business ?" I said in defend. "I liked him, past tense. I don't like him anymore," I said menacingly but Al smiled weakly at me before retorted sarcastically.

"Oh, I'll mind my own business. I'll also tell him your pathetic little message from earlier," I felt like I was stung. "-but please, don't lie to yourself. Your tear speaks everything. And I won't include the tear part with my brother," she said looking at my cheek.