Three : Falling at Rincon Park, and The Forgotten Date

Chapter Three

"So, you're fucking my step-cousin ?" I choked on my drink. I put my glass of water on the counter table before glaring at Karen.

"What ?" was all that she said. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't fuck him. We were just kissing," I said before putting the glass into the sink and wash it. Karen just snorted and starts to talk as she drank from her cup.

"Yeah, right. The term is 'heated make out session on the sofa where your best friend found out in the morning' not 'just kissing'," she said before passing her glass to me so that I can clean it.

"Don't be such a hypocrite, because you went home also bringing a guy, and you're banging each other even though you both saw us on the couch. It's like we turned you on or something," I defend myself.

"At least we're not loud," she said in defend.

"Oh hell, you did. The reason I'm staying over his place is because you guys were loud as hell and it's like round 25 or something," I remarked. She rolled her eyes.

"Well that means we don't know what you guys did at his apartment," she scoffed. I just choose to ignore her and went to my bedroom after I washed all of the dishes from her breakfast. I've never really eaten breakfast on holidays, because I liked to snacks throughout the day, so breakfast is not really necessary for me.

We've been having an argument since yesterday, at New Year's Eve or basically at 1st January, when I kind of brought Aiden home, and we're kind of on something when Karen and her one night-stand partner stepped right in. It was weird because she said that she's taking care of her siblings, but it turns out that she hired a baby sitter for them. I didn't know that she'll be home so that's why I brought Aiden home.

She was pissed off but she just goes with it and continue her true task that night or should I say really really really really early in the morning after we shouted at each other because of the whole 'why did you bring a guy inside our apartment'.

I remembered perfectly that Aiden and her one night stand-I can't remember his name, not that I care of-were just watching at us in amusement, before Aiden asked me to just sit down and ignore her since she's drunk. We were ignoring her until we heard things that shouldn't be heard and he offered me to stay in his apartment so that our ears are safe and sound-heck no, safe from sounds; which I took happily and cheerfully.

Okay, we did nothing at the apartment because I was asleep in his car and he brought me in which is sweet. I feel really bad about him, since he's sleeping on his couch so that I can sleep on his bed. But I was gratefull since he's not that type of guy who's taking advantage so that he could sleep,as in rest and in the other way, with a girl. He dropped me off at night, which also pisses of Karen since she's not into at staying home alone.

It took out my sports bra and my running shorts from the bureau and get changed. It's a little chilly outside so I took my sports jacket from the hanger and wear it. I grabbed my armband and my phone as well as my earphones. I stuff some money inside my phone case for precautions.

"I'm out for a run. Won't be home until 5, I think," I told her before grabbing my keys out and hung them on my earphone cord.

I heard Karen muttered something, but my earphones are already in so I just heard her mumbling gibberish. Outside was perfect. It's not that cold and it's not that hot. I began to run towards McKesson Plaza before heading towards Spear Street and then Rincon Park.

Karen always said that it was hella far, and I could die from exhaustion since my apartment and McKesson Plaza is slightly more than a kilometer,and she says it doesn't make sense, because if I went to McKesson Plaza and then Spear Street it means I went further away, but she didn't know why I always went that route.