Flashing Lights: Chapter 27

'Sting-Sama Belongs To You~'

-----------

In the Magic Council Headquarters, the members of the Council discuss the recent victory of Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games.

"Fairy Tail won the Grand Magic Tournament, Eh..."
"The moment Tenrou group comes back... This is what they gave us..."
"Oh boy.."
"When an entire country throws their support behind it, however it becomes that much harder to steep in and try to dictat such matters..."
"Moreover, there is also the matter of whether we should keep hosting something like the Grand Magic tournament or not..."

As the conversation begins to drift, Chairman Gran Doma reminds everyone that the topic of discussion is Tartaros and reveals that recently, the guilds associated with them have been wiped out.
"Silence, everyone.."
"Our topic our conversation today is Tartaros" Chairman Gran Doma reminded.

While some believe an Independent Guild to have been behind it, when Fairy Tail is brought up, Org instead suggests that Tartaros themselves are to blame. Though the others do not believe such is possible, Gran Doma states that it is within the realm of possibility and proclaims that now is the time to take up arms and make their stand.

Suddenly, a messenger for the Council barges into the room, disrupting the group to warn that there is an intruder in Era.

"I-It's terrible!"
"What?!"
"FOOL! WE'RE IN A MIDDLE OF A MEETING HERE!" (He's turning into excalibur--FOOL!/Baka!)
"N-Now's not the time for that...!"
"Intruders have-!!!!"

Just as he finishes his warning, the entire Magic Council building explodes into flames, the roof collapsing as the members of the Council are sent flying.

"GAH-!"
"UWAH!"
"GYAAH"

Landing and swiftly awakening, Doranbolt finds Lahar lying nearby, though can't seem to wake him.

"uu....Ugh..KUh"
"wha..What happened..?"
"LAHAR!!! This can't be!!"

Looking around, he then spots the other members of the Council, all bleeding and still.

"No way.."

Questioning if anyone is still alive, Doranbolt stumbles through the wreckage, relieved when he sees Org still conscious under a pile of rocks.

"IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE..?!"
"Doranbolt..."
"ORGROSHI!!!"

As he moves towards the man, a figure suddenly appears, leaping over to Org and slamming his head into the ground.

"GUH!!"

Snickering at Org's fallen form, the man states that he cannot simply allow any of the Councilors to live, as assassinating them all was his ultimate goal; powering up his Magic, he moves to end Org's life too.

"No,no..."
"Letting you live is not an option"
"Assassinating all nine of thee senate members is our directive after all"

Doranbolt screams for the man to stop, though Org yells that Doranbolt needs to escape whilst he can; the man merely laughs at the idea of anyone escaping his explosions.

"Explode"
"S-STOP!!!"
"Doranbolt.. Run!"
"I...I cannot!"
"think of what will happen if we lose you as well..."
"Running is not an option as well..."
"Not from my explosions anyways.
"GO! DORANBOLT!!!"

Introducing himself as Jackal of Tartaros and the Nine Demon Gates, the man sends another explosion tearing through Era as Doranbolt screams Org's name.

"The name's Jackal.. On of the nine demon gates of Tartaros"
"remember that in hell.. As the name of the man that massacred the entire senate"
"LIVE! LIVE TO CARRY OUT YOUR OWN SENSE OF JUSTICE, DORANBOLT!!!"
"ORGROSHI!!!!"