chapter.5

Lance POV.
Its been two weeks since Linda's incident and I've found things like bent and burnt spoons worn out belts but her nowhere really to be found. I'm a man and I find it upsetting I'm taking care of these children without there mother.

By this time I could see Tinys body figuring its self out and ty becoming more violent. But today is about tiny. Its her 14th birthday and I want to make it perfect. I look at my phone to see Linda hasn't answered any of the 10 messages Ive sent her. I start thinking of a lie to tell tiny and figure it out eventually. I walk out looking pretty dressed up and go in her room seeing ty licking the icing off the cupcake I asked him to give tiny . I just shake my head. You ready tiny?
Tiny- yeah
I grab ty and her and take the to the car and drive and the question I've been dreading she throws right at me .
Tiny- why isn't mom coming?
I respond trying to show some confidence.. She's uh out getting your gift. I had to lie even though I know I had already left her exactly what she wanted. Money. Tiny had a thing for it and for the past year I've put 20 dollars away every pay check just for her. That came up to 240 dollars and I had scraped up some money and made it a even 300. As much as I could have used that money it was ok.

Tinys POV.
The whole time we ate I talked quickly and ate quicker I was so excited to see what my gift was. I rushed Lance to the house and rushed in. I was so surprised.. But not in a good way. There I saw my mom with yellow looking teeth and he hair everywhere with torn dirty clothes on and marks in her arms.I tryed to ignore it and asked where my gift was
Linda- oh that money ...gone I spent it
I lashed out on her... ON WHAT DRUGS! YOUR A FUCKING CRACK HEAD AND I HATE YOU! I HATE WHAT YOUVE DONE YOU KNOW I NEEDED NEW CLOTHES AND SHOES AND YOU JUST- I stopped talking dead in my tracks realizing I had cussed at my mother and I see from the corner of my eye tall dark man come from the kitchen and lance starts going crazy fighting him nearly killing him and I break them apart.

THIS IS THE WORST BIRTHDAY EVER! Lance looks at me with sorrow in his eyes but I just run away as fast as I can to my best friends house.

My best friend was everything. She was light skin pretty with long hair something I always wanted to be.I talked to her about everything and anything and she was my rock. I ran on her porch and banged on the door and she came out in a swift motion
Lauren- shh! My grandma is sleep!
Sorry I just I just ..I start crying my eyes out telling her everything that my mom has been doing .
Lauren- we'll she's a crack head that's for sure.
I look at her. Don't say that ...I really wanted to go shopping you know I never do
Lauren- that's why you need to start doing what I do.. You know my grandma dont bye me shit .

I look at her worried.. Lauren that's crazy.
Lauren- I'll be right by u and we can probably get better stuff than what u already get!

I just agreed feeling like I had nothing to lose anyways.

We got on the bus and headed to caselton mall.I sat on the bus really sad and upset about my mom.on crack? Really? I feel like a statistic of the project so why not agree to stealing. Every girl in the projects steals from the mall. Especially at Victoria secret . they all sport around love pink bras and sweat pants from either there sugar daddy's or they stole it. Why all these years hadn't I turned into a normal project girl like Lauren or all the other girls our age. My thoughts were interrupted when the bus stopped and me and Lauren shuffled off.

Laurens first store we went into was victoria seceret. Told you. She told me to watch and I did as she slipped clothes off the rack into her bag and I did the same. We went to 7 stores doing that and my bag was nearly full but I saw a really pretty dress in a store I hadn't heard of in a window and stared at it..
Lauren- girl we can't get that that shit is in display cases.

Who says..
Lauren- me! Cmon!

I follow behind her nervous we might get caught but we didn't..I made it all the way home to see my mother gone and ty sleeping and Lance with his bags. Fuck

Lance- how'd u get that stuff

Were you going

Lance- I'm leaving I cant-

I drowned out the rest of his sentence feeling my heart drop. I knew very well that if he left we would be homeless like many times before.

I looked at him with pleading eyes. Wait wait please Lance my mom can't
He moved towards the door and I stood in front of it feeling grown and I knew exactly what men want from magazines.

I felt his chest pushing against me reaching for the door knob and I felt a new adultness come on to me I caressed his arm and talked gently

Lance ...please don't leave ...we need you here.. Your the man of the house. My hand runs up his chest as my body forms into his as my full lips kiss his and he stands there starch still and my hands run up him. Even though I was only doing this so he would stay . I felt my self enjoying the fact a man liked my touch. I could tell from his thing in his pants growing and he pulled away.
Lance- uhm uh...I'm gonna...I'm gonna go lay down.

I smiled... Ok.

He walked away looked frazzled at the fact he had just been seduced by his 14 year old step daughter but i felt accomplished more than anything.. He was staying and that's all that mattered... I mean I had to right...