Chapter 15

Days went by fast and it was already the day where Chanyeol's going to go back to Seoul. Baekhyun pretended that he didn't care, though. He was very disturbed actually. He would space out these past few days and looked very gloomy. Kyungsoo can't help but to notice that. He wanted to ask his brother but the answer was already obvious. What is there to ask?

Baekhyun stood up absentmindedly on his room. He didn't know what to do. The contracts had been signed already from both of the new companies that will be entering in their business. The company wasn't busy that day and it would be a nice for a day off. But he didn't feel like having one.

Earlier this morning, he saw Chanyeol's luggage in the living room but he haven't seen the guy going down. And he didn't want to see him either for some unknown reasons that he didn't want to find out. He left the house without telling Chanyeol, he didn't want to say a goodbye or even go with him to the airport.

Baekhyun wanted to get himself preoccupied and decided to go out of the building. The employees were having their break as he passed them but Baekhyun didn't bother took a glance at them. He just walked aimlessly like a corpse that the employees had thought that he's already creepy.

The businessman wore his mask and glasses to avoid people from recognizing him. He didn't want riot to happen in this day and especially when he's not in the mood. In fact, he just let his feet drag him to somewhere. He didn't care where he was going. He knew he should've brought his car with him but he had forgotten about it.

His feet suddenly stopped in front of a huge building.

The airport.

Why was he here? His feet dragged him and it wasn't in his will to be here. He looked at his feet and began fiddling them. Will he go in? Why would he? Hesitance and doubts flooded his mind but he finally decided that he'll go in. It won't hurt anything, right?
But contrary to that, he was hoping he wasn't late. He was hoping that the flight got delayed. But that never happened. The flight is going to happen. The weather's fine and sunny. There's no reason that it'll be delayed. He sighed and looked around, searching for a familiar head. He found none. He began to walk, or rather ran to find the guy he was looking for. His heart broke when a voice echoed throughout the place. Plane 614 departure to Seoul. 2 minutes left.

He swallowed a whole lot of air and swallowed the lump on his throat. Come on! He whined to himself. Show yourself! He wanted to call out the guy's name but something was holding him back. He groaned and continued to search for him. A voice once again announce that there's one minute left and he just wanted to stop the time at the moment.

He suddenly asked himself. What if I'll see him? What will I do? It's not like I'm going to stop him? Right? He stopped on his tracks and sighed. He let go of him once again.

Plane 614 departs from Japan. Plane 615 departure to China, be ready. Flight comes after 30 minutes.

Baekhyun turned his back. He failed. Again. He thought fate was never really meant for them. He thought that was the last chance. He slipped it away. No, it was actually fate.

...

Two weeks.

Two weeks had passed since Chanyeol had his flight back to Seoul. Baekhyun wasn't even sure if he was still the guy's slave, not that he want to be one anyway. The guy left without any word. But also, it was better this way. Chanyeol's departure shouldn't let him down, anyway. After all, the merger is still ongoing even though Baekhyun's job as his slave is done. At least, that's what he thinks.

Baekhyun had been wandering around his house, not knowing what to do. This past few days felt like hell and he just didn't know why. He felt lonely even though Kyungsoo had been spending more days with him. That was kinda strange but he didn't mind it though, he thinks his brother is just lonely since he declined Jongin's date.

How did Baekhyun know?

He was the kind of guy who'll do anything to get what he want. Even though, it takes getting screwed.

Yep, he was screwed big time. Kyungsoo had found out that Baekhyun had been reading his inbox. Funny how the guy didn't delete the message, Baekhyun isn't going to eat anything from D.O's cooking for one month because of that. He pouted at the thought. He'll eat commercial foods, which is bad for the health actually. But if he'll die because of that reason, he'll totally blame D.O with no doubts.

Huang Enterprises and Wu Cooperations was now with the merger. Baekhyun had already signed the contract. Alone. He still didn't know who were the CEOs of the company since they didn't make it to the signing conference, but he wasn't curious. He had even heard a rumor that both of them are a 'something'. Baekhyun didn't know what that 'something' is, but he also didn't care.

So basically, right now he was on the floor of their living room, counting stars. Since he can't go outside to watch the stars, he'll imagine the ceiling as the sky filled with stars.

"There are one billion and a hundred and forty-six stars visible to the naked eyes," he concluded with a chuckle but after a quick moment, he frowned. He was totally going crazy because of boredom and being lonely. He didn't know where D.O is albeit it's the time he needed his brother the most. He groaned and yanked his hair. "People, where art thou!"

As if his prayers were heard, his phone rang. He immediately sat up and grabbed his phone, clearing his throat before sliding the answer button. "Hello?" He greeted with a question.

"BAEKHYUN! I'M  BACK HERE IN SEOUL!" Baekhyun had to back away a bit because the caller was too loud. And by Loyd, he already knew who the caller is.

"Chen, I'm not in Seoul," he said in a serious tone.

There was a pause of silence, the other's panting breaths were heard. "Then, where are you?"

Baekhyun mentally slapped himself. He want to talk to a person, not an alien! "I'm in Japan," he said blankly, refraining himself from ranting.

"Oh," was all Chen could say.

"Yeah."

There was a pause of silence from the other line again. "How about you come here?" Chen finally asked. "I wasted my money just to see you bin Seoul. BUT YOU'RE ACTUALLY NOT HERE IN SEOUL! YOU BITCH! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!"

Baekhyun backed away from his phone again before he brought back to his ears when he was sure that the guy wouldn't yell again. "You think I should go?" Baekhyun asked, his voice filled with a different kind-of-tone but for sure, it wasn't agony nor pain. It was, somewhat, filled with happiness.

"Yeah, you should," Chen whined.

Baekhyun can't help but to smile to himself. "Yeah, I'll go there."

"Yay!" Jongdae exclaimed but the he paused, "How about your business there?"

"Shit," he muttered. He didn't think about that. He paused for a while, thinking of what to do until a bright idea came into his mind. Well, not really bright but it was such a very amazing idea. "D.O will do it."

Chen snickered. "Are you coming here because of Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he quickly denied the accusation. "Of course not. But wait, how did yo-."

He was suddenly cut by Chen. "Goodbye, Baekhyun. Goodnight, sweet dreams," were the last words heard from the other line before continuous beeps followed

Baekhyun looked at his phone in confusion. How did he know that Chanyeol was a businessman in Seoul?

Duh. Social media. Of course that was the answer but it changed when he remembered that Chen was the type of guy who hated social media. He just wanted to be updated personally. He was too lazy to watch news and scroll down the net.

Maybe he changed. Baekhyun nodded. After all, people change.

...

Change is the only constant thing in this world. There's no forever, they might say. But change is.

Decisions may change even though you already have concluded one. Sometimes regret even follows.

The world changes. Everything does. From the smallest particle, the atoms, to the largest one, the people.

Fate changes. At least that's what people thinks. But it only seemed to change when we thought it's already a happily ever after.