Chapter 4

Chanyeol looked at his watch for the nth time. 8:30. He is 30 minutes late. "Where is he?" He asked with a tone of impatience.

"I'm sorry, sir. He'll be here in a moment," D.O replied covering up for his brother. Shit. Where is he?! He whined in his mind. He fished out his phone and decided to text his brother.

From: D.O

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!

He sent the message to his brother but at that moment, the guy they're looking for has came, barging into the door in a hurry. D.O could only roll his eyes. A curse was muttered from the guy's mouth before he sat down beside him.

"Why are you late?" He whispered to Baekhyun.

"I'm sorry, something just came up," he answered back in a whisper.

"So, let's start," Chanyeol said gaining attentions from both of the guys.

"Yeah, sure," Baekhyun agreed before standing up again. D.O stood up too and prepared the projector as Baekhyun took out his laptop. They both placed it properly before turning it on. The PowerPoint Presentation was shown before their eyes and Baekhyun immediately proceeded. Don't stammer or you're going to die. He scolded himself before starting.

"Byun Holdings. A global construction and architectural services company which creates good quality designs, handles constructions of buildings, towers and other different structures. A leading builder in diverse and market segments.

The company has earned a lot of recognition guaranteeing large, complex projects, fostering innovations, embracing and emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community."

Baekhyun paused for a while to turn to the next slide before he continued, "But we wanted to improve our services, break our boundaries and make more difference. So, the company and its board decided to make this merger."

"Byun Holdings and Park Enterprises merger."

Baekhyun continued talking and explaining their merger prposal carefully, demonstrating to them the future performance, asset overviews, and their immediate priorities. He also showed to them the shareholders benefits of each side of the company and the merger's potential.

After Baekhyun was done, the young businessman immediately received a lot of claps and smiles from the people in front of him. A sign that they had liked the thought of fulfilling the merger. And it's not just that, they also liked what he presented. As usual, I am the best. He complimented in his mind and mentally patted his back because he had done a great job. Chanyeol clapped slowly and smiled which Baekhyun had noticed clearly.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Chanyeol said with a coy smirk which Baekhyun haven't expected. It's that easy?! He can't believe that it was going to be that easy but he shrugged that off and gave D.O a signal which was responded with a nod.

D.O stood up and pulled out the folders from the bag and handed one to the Park Enterprises' president and one for the Byun Holdings' president. Baekhyun went back to his seat beside D.O and got his pen. Both of them signed the paper before they handed it back to D.O.

"This is just a temporary contract that you've signed to ensure that both of you have agreed. The official one would be signed in the public during the press conference for the both of you this coming Monday," he reminded both of the businessmen before he put the folders in the bag.

All of the people in the hall stood up and gave each other a handshake, giving out their congratulations for the both company and told them that they're looking forward for the official merger contract signation before they finally went out of the hall with satisfied faces. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O were already the ones that's left. Tension began to grow but only D.O didn't feel that. "Congratulations, Mr. Byun," Chanyeol greeted with a smile before reaching out his hand for a hand shake.