Chapter 25: No Good In Goodbye

Kathy

10 years later

'Jesus Kathy stop it', Danny giggles while I was tickling him at his stomach. 'Aideen holy', I said jumping. 'Couldn't sleep anymore mommy', Aideen said with a smile. 'Where Aideen is has to be Kyla, Kyla no way to hide baby girl', Danny said with a smile. Indeed there came Kyla. 'And where are the other girls, ah see can't say away right', I said with a smile as I saw two other little girls barging in. Brianna and Casey were coming out of hiding too. They were twins as well. 8 years old. Aideen and Kyla 10. 'Come on then', I said as they all jumped on the bed between us. 

'Just because it's daddy's show tonight here, you all get to come see daddy perform', I said with a smile. 'Yeeaaah', they all cheered. Aideen was hanging on Danny who was trying to sit up straight but failed and Aideen tackled Danny without trouble. 

'Daddy fell', Casey said giggling with her cute girly giggle. 'Come on, you helped daddy on the ground now you have to help him get up Aidy', I said using her nickname. 'Okay, get up daddy', Aideen said and she was reaching out with her hand. It was really easy for Danny to get up but Aideen had to learn to help people so we did it this way. 

'Daddy has to get dressed and get going, rehearsals with the lads baby', Danny said. 'That's okay, we can manage, don't we girls', I said. 'Yeah, daddy can I come?', Casey asked. 'No baby girl, maybe another day okay, not today', Danny said. 'You say that all the time', Casey wined. 'This is daddy's job sweetie, we need to let him', I said. 'Okay, sorry daddy', Casey said. 'It's okay, you can come, just not today', Danny said. I stood up and followed Danny to the bathroom. He smiled at me. 

'Good luck baby, I know you will do great, the first time we are all there', I said. 'Yes, the very first time, I am so excited, more scared as well', Danny said. 'Don't be, it's just us, performing in front of a couple of thousand people you don't know must be harder', I said. 

Danny slowly leaned forward and kissed me. 'I can't believe that we've been married for 10 years now', Danny said smiling looking at my engagement ring and wedding ring. '10 years and there is not a day gone by that I didn't loved you', I said. 'Same baby', Danny said as he was making himself ready to perform. 'Thank you...', Danny said suddenly when I turned around. 'For what?', I asked. 'Not holding me back on my dreams', Danny said. I sighted. 'I told you that I am not going to be one of these wives that is going to be angry if you are going on tour, of course I miss you all the time and the kids miss you too, but we are not going to hold you back. I want to teach our kids that you have to do what you love doing, not because you have no choice', I said. 'Sounds an awful lot at a song I wrote', Danny said. 'Oooh finally after 10 years you teach me something', I teased. 

That night Marks kids and Glens son and my own were joining the performance. Rina and I took care of the kids. 

'Daddy is there', Casey cheered. 'Yeah daddy is up there', I said proudly responding. The kids and Rina and I were at the front row that was reserved for us. It were seats, not standing places for a venue like this. 'Come on baby you can do it, like you've always done it', I whispered. 'My baby does it good all the time', Rina said looking proud at Mark. 'My baby is fantastic too', a woman named Deana said. She was Glen's fiance. I was happy that he finally found someone, that he was willing to open his heart again after Anna. That he had found Deana was a blessing for the both of them. 

'Those are our guys', I said smiling. Rina was the one with the most experience when it comes to taking kids to gigs like this. Cameron, Avery and Lil were used to performances from their dad. 'Uncle Danny will do great', Cameron assured me. I forgot how big he already was. 

'Hello everybody, are we all ready for a good time!', Danny cheered into his microphone. He looked at me and I winked at him and with my eyes I told him I love him. 'This is the very first time all of my kids are here, my wife is here too, this song is for her, my beautiful wife, it's called Never Seen Anything Quite Like you, it's our anniversary baby, I love you', Danny said with a smile.