Chapter 24: All My Children

Kathy 

It was a month later then the PinkPop festival and I could go in labor day any day now. 'Danny... I don't know what to do', I said bored in bed. Danny had put me in bed rest. 'I stay with you baby, is that going to make it easy-er for you?', Danny asked as he put his arms around me. 'What if... Danny what if something goes wrong with the babies I mean, or one of them?', I asked. 

'I would still be in love with you and love you for the rest of my life', Danny said. 'Danny... have you, I don't mean to bring this up now, but I have to ask before it might be too late, and I want to talk to you about it. Have you ever thought about marriage?', I asked nervously and I was playing with my shirt. Danny's arm dropped from my shoulder and he looked at me. 

'I mean... yeah obviously, but we never talked about it, I don't want to marry you because you are pregnant, I want to marry you because I love you. I don't want people to get the wrong idea about us, because as stupid as it sounds, I do care what people think about us, I want to make a good example for our kids, let them know that we live in the 21st century and that you don't have to get married first and then have kids, but as the ensure to your question. Yes I have thought about proposing to you, a lot', Danny said. 

'I don't think it's stupid that you care about what other people think about us baby, and you are right, we live in the 21st century, if I said that I wasn't thinking about having a marriage with you. I would be a liar', I whispered and I pressed my cheek against his. 'I like it when you don't shave', I said. Danny smiled. 

'I love you', Danny said. 'I love you', I replied. We kissed and at that moment I started to feel contractions. 'Aaaw, shit Danny it't time, let's go to the hospital now', I said. He helped me get up and we rushed into a taxi. 

By the time we got there I was put in a wheelchair and we rushed to the counter. The lady recognized Danny and looked at me furious. Obviously a jealous bitch otherwise she wouldn't have let us wait so fucking long until there was a room free. Danny called Mark and Glen and his mom. 

I screamed the whole hospital together. Not normal. I have never screamed this loud in my entire life. I was glad that I had Danny by my side. I squeezed his hand pretty hard and I saw him hurt a bit but I also saw that he didn't cared that I hurt him like this. 

The first baby took 3 hours to come out. I was so fucking tired and in pain, I couldn't breath. 'Baby your okay, you have to push okay', Danny said as the doctor came and help me. I screamed again and again, looked like ages, this time it took an hour, thank God. I was broken and beaten. 

'You did amazing babe, and... we have two beautiful girls', Danny said and he gave one baby girl to me and was holding the other one. 'They are perfect Danny, how do we call them?', I asked. 'Can I make a suggestion?', Danny asked carefully. 'Of course sweetheart', I said with a smile. I was fighting to keep my head up and stay awake. 'How about Aideen O'Donoghue, the first two letters from my mothers name', Danny said. 'Sounds good to me, Aideen, I love that name, and how about this little one Kyla O'Donoghue', I said with a smile. 'Souds really good, welcome to the world Aideen and Kyla O'Donoghue', Danny said as he kissed my for head. 

'You did great Mrs. O'Brien', the doctor said proudly. 'Thank you doctor', I said breathing heavy and suddenly the Kyla was ripped out of my hands and it went all black in front of me. 

Danny

'No please... she can't be dead, please', Danny said while he was waiting in the room with Mark and Glen. 'Hey she is though, she pulls trough', Mark said but I saw it by the look in his eyes that he wasn't sure about it either. 'Danny would you please sit, this isn't helping anybody, how did you named the baby's by the way?', Mark asked. 'Aideen and Kyla', I said with a smile. 'Irish names, I love that', Glen said with a smile. 

I saw the doctor coming towards us. His face was expressionless. 'How is she?', I asked. 'She lost a lot of blood, but she is fine, now, you can see her, she is awake, the birth to the twins was almost two much for her, lucky that she is though, she pulls trough now. We need to give her transfusion of blood for today and if she stays stable tomorrow, she can go home the day after, the babies are with her at the moment', the doctor said. 

'Oh thank you doctor, thank you so much', I said and I sighted in relief. I saw Mark and Glen sign in relief too. There was my mom rushing towards me. 'Danny boy you said it was urgent, so I came. Is she okay, are the babies okay?', my mom asked. 'Mom, it's fine now, she's fine now, babies are fine too, she lost a lot of blood, she is getting a transfusion as we speak', I said as I explained all that the doctor just said to me. 'Close call', my mom said. 'I can't believe it ma, I am a father, we are parents Kathy and I', I said hugging ma mom. 'How did you named the babies?', my mom asked. 'Aideen, the first two letters are from your name mom, Kathy agreed with me that this is a great name, the other she came up with, Kyla, so it's Aideen and Kyla', I said. 'Beautiful names', my mom said hugging me again. 'Go see her mate', Mark said. 

I jumped up and down from excitement. My girlfriend was my everything. Aideen and Kyla were in both of her arms. It was really cute. She looked happy. Better now she had a transfusion of blood. 

'Hey here is daddy', she whispered to them. 'There are my girls', I said with a cracked voice. Oh shit, I was about to cry like a baby. 'Danny', she whispered to me and she smiled. I gave her a big kiss. Passionate. 'Each time I look at you Danny, each time it's like I am falling in love deeper by the day', she said and she made a gesture with her eyes that I could sit at the edge of the bed. 'Could you hold on to Aideen?', she asked. 'Sure baby, how do I know who is who?', I asked. 'That is easy I found out, Aideen has two different kind of eyes. The one is green like mine, the other one, chocolate brown like yours. Kyla has the same color of eyes, chocolate brown like yours', Kathy told me. 

'There you guys are. Ooooh wow, how cute', Glen said as he walked inside and wanted the cuddle Aideen and Kyla. 

'Ailish', Kathy said with a smile. 'Hey girl, looks like you did great, I love the names by the way, Kyla and Aideen are beautiful names', Ailish said. 'Aideen was Danny's idea, Kyla mine, Danny wanted to use the first two letters of your name in it', Kathy said. 'Danny told me... I feel very proud to be there grandma, can I... can', Ailish started. 'Of course', Kathy said as she gave Kyla to my mom who bursted out in tears. 

Soon my brother and sisters came as well. 'Ooow they are both so cute', Andrea said with a smile while holding baby Aideen. 

We were in the hospital for 3 days total. More for Kathy's safety. I didn't mind. I stayed with her the entire time and took care of the baby's. 

I took her, Aideen and Kyla home that day and she smiled at me. She was happy to be at home. We arranged the baby room into a classic yellow room. Two cribs were there and we both cleaned them and took them into bath and the put them into bed with a babyphone next to us. 

We were staring at each other when I kissed her out of the blue. 'Baby I love you so much, this life is what I've always wanted, I have never been able to let you go, and I won't ever let you go, I promise you this', I said. 'I won't ever let you go either baby, I want this life, but only with you in it', Kathy said confirming my feelings once again. I pressed my lips on hers. 

So... only one chapter left before this story is officially ending. I hope you all liked it. Last chapter is coming up tonight as well. I am so in this story now that I can't put it away. I need closure. I am so going to miss writing about Dan and Kathy. How do you like the Irish baby names. I love them. Don't forget to vote and comment. x