Chapter 9: Holding On and Letting Go

Kathy

Last night was big. Huge actually. The Script were amazing. They played perfectly in tune, not a note went bad. It was their biggest show so far. Danny told me they only played here once for opening for U2 and it was amazing. Now they finally have rest.

I woke up looking for Danny next to me. This side of the bed was empty. Then I heard piano sound. I put on one of his shirts and followed the sound. He didn't looked up when I came in and I didn't mind. I loved seeing him like this. So into his music. He played with his eyes closed. I softly shuffled towards him putting my hand on his shoulder. It scared him and he stopped playing. He sighted from relieve that it was me.

I was scared for him. He felt like he had a huge fever. 'Hey baby, my shirts look good on you', he said and he pulled me towards him. 'Danny, you are really hot', I said. 'I know right', Danny teased. 'No I a mean hot as in your sick, you have a fever, do you have the temperature meter with you?', I asked.

'Something tells me your not surprised, you already knew you are sick', I said shaking my head. 'I didn't want to worry you', he mumbled. 'Worry me, Danny you are worrying me now by not going to stay in bed, let me take care of you. Let's lay in bed all night, because you my friend, are not going anywhere, I am calling of dinner at Marks', I said. 'What no, we can't do that too Rina', Danny said trying to stop me.

'Danny no, no way you are not going out tonight. That is for sure, just listen to me okay, we can do dinner another time, I am not going anywhere without you, we don't need to rush things okay, don't be afraid of losing me, you aren't losing me, never, you have to take better care of yourself, promise me that', I said. Danny nodded. 'You also have to promise me you let me take care of you, I make you soup and do laundry and cooking and stuff like that, I help you with everything you need, you need to rest', I said.

'I think I had the cold from that day we did it in Croke behind the chairs', Danny mumbled. 'When it started to rain, yes could be, so what did we learned', I giggled while Danny was hugging me tight. 'No more sex out doors', Danny said laughing. 'No, because my bump hurt like hell when we were done', I said. 'I didn't heard you complaining when we were busy', Danny said climbing back to bed.

I put a blanket over him. 'Do you stay with me?', Danny asked. 'Of course baby', I whispered softly. I kissed him on his lips a bit nervously on mine after that. 'Are you...', Danny started. 'What? No... Dan I'm not, lay down baby, don't you dare do otherwise, I love you', I said. 'I love you more', Danny said. I smiled.

'How is our sick man?', Mark asked over the phone after two days. 'He is a bit better, still he needs to take it easy', I said. 'Should we come around?', Mark asked. 'Yeah I think that would cheer him up, why don't you ask Glen to come with?', I said. 'Cool I do that girl, take care of our man would ya', Mark said. 'On it Marky Mark', I said. I heard him chuckle before he hung up.

'Was that Mark?', Danny asked. 'Yeah he and Glen are coming over later today. Are you okay with that?', I asked. 'Yeah, it's been too long', Danny said. 'Baby, I am so sorry your here with me, I imagine your sick of me now', I said. 'What! No I am never sick of you, come here sweetheart', Danny said and he put his arm around my waste and smiled at me. 'I love you, more then you ever know', Danny whispered and he leaned on to kiss me. I didn't care if I got the flew, I needed to kiss him. I have a show tomorrow, can you be there for me, I need to have Vodka shot from the doctor once I am there', Danny said. 'With a needle, I hate those, I rather drink Vodka', Danny said. I laughed. He layed his head against my chest.

'How is our boy?', Mark asked when he came to visit. 'I'll be ready to do the show tomorrow Mark', Danny said. 'Your not, but we have to, I call the doctor for your shot', Mark said. Glen sat down next to Anna who came to visit too. 'Your okay?', Anna asked me. 'Yeah of course I am okay, I'll be a better friend when Dan is better', I said. 'It's okay, I understand, Danny be sure to get better soon', Anna said. 'I am trying to', Danny said weak.