Chapter 3: Friendships & First Dates

Kathy

'How long has it been since you and Danny saw each other and please tell me anything about that dating time you had back in high school, was he your first you had sex with? Was he your first kiss?', Anna rambled.

'Anna peace out please, I'm going to tell you, can I first say goodbye to Danny please, thank you', I said with a smile. 'Sorry', Anna said and she hit her hand before her mouth.

'See you next time?', Danny asked standing in front of the door. 'Yes, I hope so? If your not to busy?', I asked. 'The tour is almost over, we need to do one last show in Dublin, Croke Park tomorrow, this was our first night, tomorrow will be our last', Danny asked. 'Good luck then', I said with a smile. 'Would you might want to come to our soundcheck and enter the parade with us, you too Anna if you like, Glen would love some company', Danny said. 'Sure if Mark is cool with that too?', Anna said with a big smile.

'I guess I see you tomorrow', Danny said. 'See you then', I replied and I closed the door as Anna came rushing towards me totally calm... NOT.

'Now you have to tell me...', she rushed. 'Fine I tell ya, have a seat girl your going to enjoy this', I said and I started telling the story.

6 years ago.

My best friend and I were having a conversation about her boyfriend Mark Sheehan. Best friend of my best friend. Rina is her name, we stopped talking as soon as we heard them coming.

'Holy fuck, did you saw that Dan, that ball came all the way across the hall, the gym teacher wasn't so fund she had to catch it', Mark said laughing. His eye fell on Rina. 'Good God you are so beautiful', he said with a smile. He lifted her up and kissed her in front of me and Danny.

'Get a room', Danny complained. 'Shall we leave them like this', I said. 'Yes please', I said.

'So ehm... I wanted, my dad, okay no stop... rewind', Danny stuttered. I felt sorry for him. He looked so nervous. 'Danny and Kathy sitting in a tree, k.i.s.s....', a couple of kids sang. 'Shut up!', Danny and I both said.

'I... wanted to ask you if... I, oh shit', Danny said looking down. 'Yes... pick me up at seven', I said with a smile. Danny nodded.

Danny

'Holy shit I got a date', I said to Mark when we were alone again. 'Yes with who, that pretty cheerleader?', Mark asked. 'Her name is Kathy... and yes with her', I said. 'Were you the one asking?', Mark asked. Shit he knew me too well. 'Well, she already knew what I was going to ask and said I should pick her up at seven', I said. 'I knew it', Mark said with a smile.

I raced home after that to the one man I was seeking advice from. 'Dad!', I yelled cheerfully. 'Hey hello darling, your father is upstairs playing the piano', my mum said. 'Yo dad!', I screamed.

'Daniel... good to see you, how was school, why are you so chipper', my dad said.

'I have a date dad', I said. 'Oh really so great, who is it, do I know her?', my dad asked. 'Yes, Kathy from next door', I said smiling. 'Good for you son, now were are you taking her, to the movies, eating popcorn out the same can?', my father said.

'I think so, which movie will she like?', I asked nervous. 'Well son I would do something she likes, or does she like action movies?', my father asked. 'Oh she mentioned she likes ehm Harry Potter', I said thinking fast. 'Good one son, good one.

'Dad I really like her', I said. 'I know son I know, but don't try to kiss her yet, not at the first date, take it slow', he said. I nodded.

Kathy

'Mum I don't know what to wear', I wined. 'Put on that nice blue dress with those flowers on you were wearing that at the school concert', my mum said. 'So this Daniel lives next door, I know his parents very well, he is the youngest from the family, has feelings for music, nice people', my mum said.

I put on my dress like mum said and waited in front of the window seat.

I heard a bell. 'I open', I said. 'See you later hun', my mum said.

'Hey', I said to Danny who stood there being nervous, but so was I.

'Oh... I got you something', Danny started. 'What?', I asked nervously. 'A neck less, in a moon shape, you mentioned you liked the night', Danny said.

'It's beautiful', I said speechless. 'Need a hand putting it on?', Danny asked. 'Yes please', I replied and I lifted up my hair so he could reach my neck.

His fingertips touched my naked skin for a moment. Electricity flew trough my body.

'Thank you', I whispered.

Danny

I was nervous as hell and I saw my dad standing in the doorway putting his thumps up at me while I gave her the neck less. Thank God she liked it. She went to sit on my rack behind my bike and she put her arms around my waste to hold on tight.

At the movies the popcorn can was between us so each time we grabbed popcorn our hands touched softly. At one point her hand was laying there in exactly the way it was in movies when the guy had to grab the girls hand. What the movies didn't tell ya is why it is so hard to grab that hand. Her hand moved a bit and I got even more scared.

What if she didn't want to. What if she doesn't like me like that? One way to find out right?

Great Harry Potter who is kissing Cho Chang wasn't exactly helpful. My mind was going crazy right now. I was not standing under the magical mistletoe, but that didn't meant I wasn't less nervous. I am 15 years old like Harry over there if I get my first kiss.

I want my first kiss with no one else but her. I made the call not to listen to my dad but take my own advise and kiss her tonight.

We walked out the movies talking about how good the movie was and how bad we hated that Umbridge person that was teaching Defense Against The Dark Arts. So good we were both into Harry Potter.

'You look beautiful', I said suddenly. I had to say it. I knew this dress on her. She was wearing it during the school concert, I only have eyes for her. 'Thank you, you look good too', she ensured.

I put a peace of her hair behind her ears. 'Kathy?', I asked nervously. 'Yes Daniel?', she said and I noticed that her heart was beating faster just like mine. 'May I kiss you?', I asked nervously. She smiled. 'I was hoping for that Daniel, but only if you like me that way', Kathy said. 'I think that is obvious right?', I asked coming closer to her.

I kissed her! Finally I kissed her. Her sweet soft lips tasted as popcorn. She smiled at me when I let go. Good sign.

Present day.

'This is as detailed as you are going to get it', I said with a smile to Anna. 'Aaaw I wish I had known you guys back then', Anna said. 'We are way much more fun then we used to be', I said with a smile. Anna and I laughed.

I felt like I had to do a flashback here. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Going to sleep now. Night. x