Chapter 6: When You Are My Friend

Kathy 

I walked along the road to find myself a supermarket where they had Danny's favorite drink. Guinness. What can I buy for his birthday! That is when Rina, Anna and I got together. Anna and Glen really loved each other. I was happy for them but envied them at the same time. Especially Anna since she was a massive The Script fan, I wondered how it felt for her that way. Was she still "just a fan", or did she looked at Glen another way then she did before. 

Rina Anna and I couldn't plan this party on our own so we called in help from Glen and Mark. It had to be a massive party since Dan becomes 35 years old. We all had to wear a Guinness shirt and I bought one for Dan. Just as a birthday present. I was 99% sure that he was going to wear it the second I gave him the shirt. 

I went to the Guinness store where I ordered the shirts and picked them up. I told him about the other order. As a surprise for Dan we had a Guinness fountain. His birthday cake was in a Guinness form. It's safe to say that the theme is "Guinness". We even had Guinness chocolate. For the kids we had alcohol free Guinness. 

My job was to lore Danny out of the house. We would go for a nice walk or something. I so deep in thought I didn't noticed I bumped into a guy. 'Sorry', I mumbled. 'No problem, just watch were your going next time, filled with your thoughts right?', he said. 'Kind a', I said. 'Planning a big party?', he asked. Boy this guy was full of questions. 'Yes, it's my best friends birthday', I said. 'He's lucky, see ya', he said and he walked away. I might have been to blunt for this guy. he was all right. I could have been a little bit nice. Am I a bitch to Danny as well? Am I a bitch to lead him on? I know he likes me but I still put distance between us for my own heart. How unfair is that. I am scared and he is paying the price for it. 

'Danny?', I started that night party. We would be gone for 2.5 hours for the movies so they could decorate the house and garden. 'Yes', Danny said with his head on my shoulder. 'You don't think that you can lay like that for the rest of your birthday day right', I said. 'It's my birthday, I can do whatever I feel like', Danny said. 'I got you a little something', I said. 'I thought we agreed no presents this year', Danny mocked. 'Hush Dan, you love this', I said. 

He ripped the paper open like a little boy. 'Ooow this is so cool', Danny said with a smile. 'And look... I have one too, I thought it would be cool to wear it tonight', I said. 'Oh hell yeah', Danny said putting off his shirt right the second. I tried not to look, but I couldn't help myself. I was biting my lip again. God I wanted him badly, what on earth was stopping me. 'Shit... I'm stuck', Danny said while struggling with his shirt. I giggled. 'Aaaw your such a little boy sometimes', I teased. 

Suddenly there was a deep silence when I softly and gentle put the shirt over his head. He looked at me with his chocolate brown eyes. He put my hair back at my ears. He smiled at me. My heart was beating in my chest and the beating was going uncontrollable fast. 

So cliffhanger guys. Sorry. Again short chapter. Need to go to sleep. What you guys think of the party for Dan. Guinness party! Sorry for Glen, we have non-alcohol drinks for kids... hahaha. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Still dreaming about last Friday when I met the lads. With the concert it is the best day of my life.