Once Again I'm Asking

Secret Life

Scott x Martyn

Scott was swimming for his life. Arrows were slicing through the water, barely missing him while Etho and Bdubs chased him. Scott was running out of air, but he couldn't risk surfacing. He had to find Martyn. Suddenly the blond was beside him, grabbing at his arm and pulling Scott into his chest.

Scott immediately relaxed into Martyn, knowing he was safe. But sadly it wasn't for long. Bdubs was catching up, and Joel and Grian were right behind him. Martyn pushed Scott towards the surface, before drawing his sword and turning towards Scott's pursuers. Scott knew that there was no chance he could escape, and Martyn could die trying to protect him.

So Scott did the first thing that came to mind, swimming in front of Martyn and grabbing his hand that held the sword. Martyn looked confused for a moment before he understood. Martyn tried to pull his sword away but it was too late. Scott took the weapon and stabbed it into himself. Martyn screamed out a cloud of bubbles as the blood mixed into the water.

Scott smiled softly, reaching up to cup Martyn's face before he died, reappearing in his bed, now officially a yellow name. He was in his underground bunker, this was a stroke of luck, otherwise Grian and Etho's trap might have gotten him. Scott rubbed his forehead, trying to clear the now splitting headache he had. Suddenly he heard a noise from the stairway. Scott stood up and looked around for a weapon, grabbing an axe, holding it out defensively.

But it was just Martyn. The blond flung himself into Scott's arms, knocking him back onto the bed. Scott laughed as Martyn buried his face into his neck kissing it gently.

“I just saw you Martyn.” Scott said and Martyn shook his head.

“Why would you do that?” Martyn asked kissing Scott's cheek.

“I was going to die anyway, I'd rather the thirty minutes go to you than let's say Grian or Bdubs.” Scott let out another laugh as Martyn buried himself closer to Scott.

“Never make me kill you again please.” Martyn whispered and Scott sighed, kissing his head.

“I won't.” Scott said and Martyn nodded.

“Promise?” Martyn asked and Scott laughed at his insistence.

“Yes love. I promise.”

Scott jerked awake, with a gasp. He was so close to death, trembling and weak, he needed to die. But he didn't want to go just to fall damage, and he figured that he could get a good deal out of this. All he needed was the last red.

Scott walked out of his house and looked up at the fading stars. The pink trees stood out against the indigo sky, filling him with a happy feeling. He knew it was going to be a few minutes until sunrise and he had to move fast if he wanted to catch Martyn.

He hurried his way down the mountain, and soon he arrived at the large field by the Secret Keeper, and looked around for Martyn. Soon the sun peeked over the horizon, casting an orange glow over the whole field. With the new light, Scott could see a lot better and he continued his search with this new help. Soon he spotted Martyn, and as he did his heart seemed to swell with excitement.

Martyn was leaning against one of the Secret Keeper rocks, and he looked magical in the light of the sun. His hair glowed and when he spotted Scott a small smile crept over his face. Scott walked quickly over, excited to see his lover.

“Martyn!” Scott said, stumbling as he neared the blond.

Before Scott could hit the ground, Martyn raced over and grabbed him, pulling him into his chest. Scott looked up at Martyn and when their eyes locked Scott's breath was knocked right out of him. Martyn held him close and his eyes were filled with longing, and Scott was sure that it was for him.

“Scott.” Martyn whispered, and the name was a whole sentence in itself.

Scott nodded quickly, his body shaking weakly in Martyn's arms. Scott was on half a heart and his body was not doing well. Even though Scott was with the last red, he felt the safest he'd felt all season long. Martyn gently tucked away a stray strand of hair and Scott blushed deeply. Scott knew he had to ask, but he knew Martyn wouldn't take it well. Not well at all. As if on cue, Martyn leaned in closer and brushed Scott's cheek with his lips.

“Martyn, I need a favor.” Scott gasped, struggling to keep from kissing Martyn right now.

“What are you doing?” Martyn asked, helping Scott stay standing up. “You’re almost falling over.”

“I'm on half a heart.” Scott confessed, and Martyn immediately held him with a gentler touch. “I need you to kill me.”

“What?” Martyn asked, pulling back. “I can't.”

“Why not?” Scott asked, taking an unsteady step closer to Martyn. “You'll get ten hearts, I'll get my full thirty, it'll be a win win situation.

“You promised I wouldn't have to.” Martyn whispered and Scott looked up at him in surprise.

“I didn't think you would remember that.” Scott confessed, as Martyn seemed to lean unconsciously closer.

“I remember everything you said to me.” Martyn whispered, kissing Scott's forehead. “I remember everything.”

“Everything?” Scott choked out, pressing closer.

“I remember everything, and you promised that I wouldn't have to do this again.” Martyn said, stepping back.

“Martyn. . .” Scott whispered, and he stepped closer, wrapping his arms around Martyn's neck. “I do love you. But I need you to kill me.”

“I can't.” Martyn said and Scott sighed in frustration.

“Why is it so hard to just let me help you?” Scott asked and Martyn raised and eyebrow in surprise. “All the rest of the reds are gone Martyn. I don't want you to join them.”

Martyn shook his head, but Scott pressed his forehead to Scott's as Martyn wrapped his hands to Scott's waist. Scott pulled Martyn closer, and kissed him fiercely pressing up against him. Martyn sighed, getting lost in the moment, forgetting everything except Scott's lips. This was an advantage for Scott, and he once again grabbed Martyn’s hand, forcing a sword into it. Before Martyn could stop him, Scott plunged the sword right into his own stomach using Martyn's hand. Martyn suddenly pulled back, gasping and staring at what he had done.

“Scott!” Martyn cried, as Scott fell to the ground.

“Hey it's okay.” Scott said, as Martyn dropped down beside him, grabbing at his hand.

“I love you.” Martyn said, and Scott nodded before Martyn gently kissed him on the cheek.

Scott felt the life drain out of him, all he focused on was Martyn's eyes. His eyes went black and he suddenly sat up in bed with a jolt, gasping for breath.

Scott raced back to Martyn and when he arrived back at the Secret Keeper, Martyn pulled him into a kiss holding him close. Scott knew that Martyn was mad, but he'd forgive him. That was how they worked.

I love Mean Gills, it's been a while since I've written it, and I'm happy to get back into it. Thanks for reading my lovelies!
Star