Heart For A Heart

Last Life

Grian x Scar

I don't believe this, but this might be my first Last Life oneshot! It is! Wow, I can't believe it.

As Grian walked through the new world, he looked around for any sign that the watchers were, well, watching him. He knew that they hid themselves well and didn’t leave many clues as to when they were watching, but he knew that they were there. They wouldn’t miss this, the start of a new season, for the world.

Grian walked quickly, not trying to attract attention from God, only knew what was in the woods. He roamed around for a while, gathering tools and gear, before his communicator buzzed with a message from an unknown person. Grian pulled out his device and opened it up, reading the message with horror.

You have. . .

And suddenly, a bunch of different numbers flashed before the screen.

6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. . .

2 lives.

Grian stared, shocked, at his communicator. Only two lives. He could die once, and then he’d be red. But the communicator wasn’t done yet.

You can give your lives to others. Give them your heart.

While Grian knew he wasn’t going to give anyone one of his lives, he could probably convince someone to give him their lives. Grian knew there was one person who was most likely to give him a life. Or their heart as the communicator was saying.

*****

Grian walked up behind the brunette and grabbed his shoulders, spinning him around and wrapping his arms around his neck. Grian looked up at Scar and smiled as Scar began to blush.

“Are you needing something?” Scar asked, his eyes sparkling a lively green, showing the fact that he had six lives. “Oh no green eyes for you?”

“No. . .” Grian said, and Scar smirked.

“You know I have six lives.” Scar said, and Grian perked up, looking at Scar with interest.

“Could I trade you something for one of them?” Grian asked, and Scar raised an eyebrow.

“What could you possibly offer me?” Scar asked, and Grian shrugged, leaning closer.

“I don’t know. . .” Grian mused, and Scar smiled softly. “How about a heart for a heart.”

“What do you mean a heart for a heart- Oh.”  Scar said as Grian lifted Scar’s hand and placed it delicately onto his chest, right where his speeding heart was. “That- that could be arranged.” Scar choked out as his other hand seemed to subconsciously wrap around Grian’s waist, and the blond grinned, knowing he’d won.

The shorter hummed in agreement and stood up on his tippy toes to press his forehead to Scar’s.

“Is it a deal?” Grian asked, keeping his lips just a centimeter away from Scar’s.

Scar nodded slowly, and Grian smiled, knowing he was going to get two things that he wanted. Scar, and a life. Grian leaned forward and pressed his lips to Scar’s, pulling the brunette closer and running his fingers through Scar's hair. As they kissed, Grian had flashbacks from Third Life, ran through Grian’s head, and he realized how much he’d missed Scar. Grian pulled away from Scar’s mouth and gently kissed Scar’s cheek and neck, lulling the brunette into a false sense of security. Grian then mounted a sneak attack on Scar’s lips, pulling him closer, and they just sat there for what felt like forever, lost in each other’s arms.

They finally broke apart, and when they did, Grian buried his face into Scar's chest, and the taller knew that it was to hide his smile. After a few moments, Grian pulled away and looked up at Scar with a sheepish expression, and Scar only smiled in return.

“I don’t even need a life after that.” Grian said, practically bouncing on his toes.

“No, but a deal is a deal.” Scar said, and Grian nodded, biting his lip. “Here you go.”

Scar held out his hand, and it lit up green. A small heart floated over the center of his palm like a magic crystal. Scar then angled his hand so it was on the same plane as Grian’s chest, and he pressed the heart into Grian’s. Grian’s eyes flickered green, then completely changed from the dull yellow to a light green. Grian smiled and flung his arms around Scar, kissing the brunette on the cheek.

“Thank you so much, Scar!” Grian whispered, and Scar nodded.

“Anytime Grian.” He smiled, kissing the top of Grian’s head. “For you anytime.”

Scarian, my babies! This was fun to write, and now I can officially say that I've written all the different series of life! That's fun! Thanks for reading,
Star