In A Field Of Flowers

Secret Life

Gem x Etho

Gem sat in the grass smiling as she looked up at the sky. She flopped down onto her back and lifted her hand up to trace the clouds above her with her hands. She smiled as the wind swept over the field and threw an assortment of flower petals onto her face, falling from the pink trees above. Gem stretched out, just enjoying the peace of the break between sessions and the silence of being all alone. Her fingers extended and contracted, and she rolled her ankles and sighed, lifting her knees up and planting her feet into the ground.

Gem ran her hands through the grass and suddenly her hand came in contact with a flower. She smiled and plucked the flower holding it above her face. She smiled and turned it gently in between her fingers admiring the small flower. She gently pulled at the flowers white petals and smiled, pulling them off one by one. The petals drifted slowly down onto her chest, illuminated by the beginning of the sunset.

Gem began to hum softly to herself and she waved her arms above her head slowly to the tune. She closed her eyes and let her arms drop across her chest, just soaking up the sun. She suddenly heard soft footsteps behind her and she sat up, turning around to see a friendly face behind her. Though his mouth was covered, she could tell he was smiling at her from the crinkle around his eyes.

“Enjoying yourself?” Etho asked and she smiled, waving him over.

“I haven't seen you in a while.” She said, and Etho laughed softly sitting down beside her.

“It's been busy.” He responded, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and Gem sighed leaning into his side.

“Yet you're here.” She pointed out, and he grinned, looking down at her.

“Yeah.” He muttered, and she smiled softly. “Well I wanted to see you.”

Gem hummed in agreement and Etho pulled down his mask with a sigh. She looked up and kissed his cheek softly before pulling back and resting her head on his chest. The two just sat there for the rest of the evening, watching as the sun sank lower and lower behind the horizon taking their warmth along with the light. Gem shivered and Etho rubbed her shoulder lightly, and she smiled as Etho kissed the crown of her head. Gem nuzzled her face into Etho’s neck and placed a soft kiss under his jaw. 

“Love you.” Etho said and Gem sighed, her breath tickling his neck.

“Love you too.” Gem whispered back and they fell into a soft silence, comfortably settled together for the night.

This is the shortest oneshot I've ever written. Anyway. Hope you liked it!
Star