They Reverse: Children (Part Three)

Double Life

The Whole Server (You Know The Drill)

Let's get into it!

As Grian watched Scott return with a small Pearl in his arms and a smile on his face, he wondered if Scott would feel any differently about Pearl when this was all over. At Scott's feet was Pearl's loyal dog Tilly, and Grian was surprised that the dog still knew who she was, even when she was tiny. Grian didn't have long to think because the moment Scott arrived, Pearl looked up at Grian.

"Hewo Geeian." Pearl said, and Grian had to ball his fists to stop himself from grabbing the small Australian and running away with her.

"She is so cute, Scott. Oh my God." Grian said with a large smile. "You can put her over there with the others if she's bothering you. Tango and Bdubs have started a game of tag."

He pointed to a large flat plain beneath the Relationship where a large group of children were running around wildly with Tango and Bdubs. The blaze born was running slowly after Martyn and Ren with a smile on his face as Jimmy and Impulse hid behind Bdubs with Scar.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Scott said with a small grin. "I'd like to keep Pearl with me for the time being."

"So you like her now?" Grian asked, and Scott sighed.

"It's complicated." Scott said, adjusting Pearl so she was more comfortable with her head resting on his shoulder. "I like her when she's not trying to get me killed or annoying me. or acting like a crazy ex."

"Ah." Grian said understanding. "So to be clear, you do like child Pearl?"

"Yes, she is so cute." Scott said, smiling. "Where are Joel and Etho?"

"Up on the ship." Grian said, and he jerked his thumb up towards the Relationship.

Etho was sitting on the edge of the ship with his legs dangling down and a smile on his surprisingly unmasked face. Joel was sitting on his lap and was turned to face Etho, his hands slowly tracing all the scars on his face. Etho had a look of peace spread across his face as the light of the dying sun illuminated his features.

"The sun is going down." Grian noted, and Scott clutched Pearl a little tighter. "Round up the kids!" He yelled the last bit so that Bdubs and Tango could hear him from where they were playing.

"Coming!" Tango called as he began to rally the children around him.

"Where should we keep the kids?" Bdubs asked as he and Tango herded the kids up the hill to where Grian and Scott were.

"I would suggest here, but the ship is too small for them all." Etho said, "We could split the kids? All the yellow name kids could come and stay here. It's very well secured."

"So that's Martyn, Ren, Joel, and Timmy." Grian said, listing the kids off of his fingers. "And then that leaves Scar, Pearl, and Impulse to go somewhere else."

"I would suggest the Ranch, my place, or Cleo's house because they've all got walls around them, but they also face a cliff." Scott said, "And we can't use Pearl's tower. It's too far away."

"That leaves Box, our place and the cake." Bdubs said, "And we can't use our place. It's not very safe."

The group sat there pondering for a moment while Etho rounded up all the yellow names and carried them up into the ship one by one with the help of Tango. Etho climbed up to the deck of the ship and held his hands down for the first kid. Tango passed up Jimmy first, then Ren, then last but not least, Martyn.

"What about the cake?" Etho suggested as Tango climbed up the ladder. "It's got walls all around it and a place to go higher if the mobs break in."

Martyn walked up to Etho and tugged on his hand so Etho obliged, reached down, and picked up the kid. At the same time, Grian scooped up Scar and Impulse, passing the latter to Bdubs.