Reunion (Empires 2)

Jimmy x Tango

Empires SMP season 2

Jimmy was having a normal day on Empires perfecting his gunpowder farm, when suddenly he felt a strong emotion surge through him. The sheriff quickly identified the emotion as confusion, but I was gone a few seconds after arriving. He would have been a bit more startled if it wasn't for the fact that this happened frequently. Emotions that weren't his own often raged through him, but luckily Jimmy knew where they were from. They were from Jimmy's soulmate from Double Life, Tango.

Jimmy loved these moments when Tango's feelings would slip through and he relished the connection he still had with his love. When he had parted ways with Tango, he had promised to never forget him. And he hadn't. Jimmy had even built a replica of their ranch in Tumble Town. Normally Tango's emotions were quite peaceful, and only his strong ones would slip through the cracks to Jimmy. So naturally Jimmy wondered why Tango was so confused.

Suddenly Jimmy doubled over and fell down on the ground as a wave of nausea rolled over him. Somehow he knew that this was from Tango, and he hoped his rancher was alright. In a few seconds the feeling stopped, and as Jimmy sat up a loud clap of thunder rolled through his empire. Through all of the empires. And whatever had just happened, Jimmy felt like he would see Tango sooner than he thought.

*****

A day later, Jimmy got his first visit.

"Jim?" A voice called from behind him. "Jimmy Solidarity?"

Jimmy turned around to see a very familiar elf.

"Scar?" He asked with a surprised expression on his face. "Scar!" He cried running towards his friend. Jimmy's yellow avian wings trailed behind him as he enveloped Scar into a hug. "Scar!" A wide smile grew on Jimmy's face as he pulled Scar close. "How are you here!"

"Well Grian was messing around with rifts and magic then he gathered everyone here-"

"Wait, Grian's here too?" Jimmy cried, a look of horror spread across his face.

"Yes!" Scar cried, mistaking Jimmy's horror for excitement. "And Bdubs, Doc, Jevin, Keralis, X. . ."

"So many people. . ." Jimmy whispered, trying and failing, not to think about whether Tango was there too.

"Buuuum BUM!" The horn rang out from behind Jimmy causing him to turn around to see who was making the noise.

"Oh Grian's announcing his presence, all bow down." Scar swept out his arms and fell into a dramatic bow.

"How are you here!" Jimmy cried looking up at Grian in absolute terror.

"Hello Tim." Grian called ominously.

"How did you get here?" Jimmy wailed in desperation.

"With the power of lore." Grain said, waving his hands for emphasis.

The avian spread his magnificent red wings and glided down to meet up with Scar and Jimmy. Grian walked over and stood beside Scar fluffing his wings out importantly.

"Who-" Jimmy's voice broke and he quickly cleared it with a cough. "Is anyone else from Double Life here?"

"Cleo's here, so's Pearl." Grian started counting on his fingers as he listed off a bunch of hermits. "Impulse, Bdubs, Ren, Etho, and of course your personal favourite, Tango."

Jimmy blushed when he heard Tango's name and as if on cue, he felt a lurch of emotion from his former soulmate. Extreme excitement raced through Jimmy's veins and he tried to think what could be causing Tango to go crazy like that.

"Hello?" Grian asked, waving his hand in front of Jimmy's face. "Tim? Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah I'm fine, just tired." Jimmy lied, shaking his head trying to get rid of any lingering emotions.

"Okay if you say so." Grain then turned to Scar and the two of them decided to take the nether to go and cheek where the others were.

Jimmy gave the two directions to spawn, and then decided to work on the ranch replica for a while. He didn't know if Tango was even coming to see him, but he was still excited at the chance to see his rancher again.

*****

One day later, when Jimmy was working on his train track, he heard a familiar voice coming from the top of the mountain.

"Oh my goodness! This is like a little western town! That's so cute! Looks like someone has alienificated the hill?"

Jimmy's breath caught in his throat and he raced outside of his train tunnel looking around looking for the source of the voice.

"Oh look there's stairs! Being kind to our un-wingified friends I see."

He heard footsteps and he turned to see a man walking backwards down the stairs. He wore dark black robes and for some reason he also was wearing one of Shelby's spare hats. The man tripped on the last few stairs and he let out a familiar scream as he fell. Jimmy reacted instinctively, running forwards and catching the man, holding him up from under his armpits. Jimmy looked down, a feeling of hope filling up his chest as he stood the man up on his feet.

He had blue eyes and blue hair that was burning slowly like a soul fire. A wide smile spread across his face as he took in Jimmy, and the sheriff wondered why until he recognised who he was looking at.

"Tango?" He whispered and Tango smiled widely.

"Jimmy." Tango breathed, pulling Jimmy into a tight hug that the sheriff wasn't expecting.

The blaze born cupped Jimmy's cheek. Jimmy gently wrapped his arms around Tango pulling him closer. Tango's free hand gently ran its fingers through Jimmy's wings and he chirped in happiness. Tango rubbed his thumb over Jimmy's cheek wiping away the tears the avian didn't even know had started to fall.

"Hey Rancher." Tango sighed, pressing his forehead to Jimmy's.

"I love you." Jimmy whispered before he could stop himself.

Tango laughed at Jimmy's abruptness, pulling him closer. Jimmy's eyes flicked down to Tango's lips and he blushed as Tango smiled at him.

"Hey Jimmy?" Tango said, drawing the canary's attention.

"Yeah?" Jimmy whispered, trying not to break the moment.

"I love you too."

And then Tango kissed him. Jimmy gasped against his soulmate's lips and wrapped his wings around Tango encasing them in a cocoon of feathers. Tango threaded his fingers through Jimmy's hair causing the sheriff to wrap his arms around Tango's neck. Eventually the two pulled apart, stupid smiles painted on their faces.

"I've missed you." Jimmy confessed as Tango kissed his cheek.

"Aw!" Tango laughed, "I missed you too buddy!"

"Will you stay with me?" Jimmy asked, linking their hands together.

"Always." Tango promised, squeezing Jimmy's hand comfortingly.

And that's how Jimmy got the best deputy in all of Empires. That was, until the rift opened again.

Part Two?