III Riley's P.O.V

First, Ash went on a Ranger mission into the Ultra World, and now he faced off against Necrozma on his own. That battle happened days ago, but it's been on my mind ever since. I'm both proud and a little sad at the same time. Ash had been my apprentice before he was knighted as a Blue Knight. We had gone through so many adventures and missions together. Now, Ash was out there on his own. Well, not really alone—he had his Pokémon and the whole of the Orange Islands Pokémon League backing him up—but I wasn't there with him.

I knew I had to let Ash go. He didn't need me to hold his hand anymore. But it wasn't easy. I remember when I first came to him, he was full of energy and potential. I taught him everything I knew, watched him grow stronger with each passing day. We faced dangers together, overcame challenges that seemed insurmountable. Ash was like a younger brother to me, someone I wanted to protect and guide.

Seeing him take on Necrozma without me was hard. I saw the footage of the battle: Ash commanding a Legendary Legion with confidence and skill. He had grown so much. Ash had become a true leader; someone his Pokémon could rely on in the heat of battle. Despite my pride, a part of me felt left behind. I had always been there for him, ready to step in if things went wrong. Now, I had to accept that Ash didn't need me in that role anymore. He was capable, more than capable, of handling things on his own.

Still, letting go was tough. I replayed our missions together in my mind, the countless hours spent training, the moments of triumph when we defeated a powerful opponent. Ash had always looked up to me, and I had taken my role as his mentor seriously. But now, he was out there forging his own path. And he was doing an amazing job. Ash had faced Necrozma, one of the most powerful Ultra Beasts out there, and he had won. He had shown the world what he was capable of. And I had to be okay with watching from the sidelines.

Weeks after the battle, I found myself reflecting on our journey together. Ash had grown into a formidable trainer and knight. He was no longer the eager kid who needed my constant guidance. He had become someone I could look up to, someone who inspired others with his determination and courage. Even so, the transition wasn't easy for me. I missed our time together, missed the camaraderie and the bond we shared. But I also knew that this was a natural part of life. Ash had to spread his wings and fly, and I had to let him.

Unsurprisingly, the whole situation only derailed from then on. The moment I slammed the door behind me, the weight of the argument with Reggie settled heavily on my shoulders. My heart was pounding, not just from anger but from the pain of seeing him so upset. The cold air outside hit me like a splash of cold water, but I welcomed it. I needed to clear my head and running always helped. I started down the familiar path, my feet pounding against the pavement in a rhythmic beat. Each step was an attempt to outrun the frustration and guilt that gnawed at me. Reggie's words echoed in my mind, louder with each stride.

"You're putting yourself in danger, Riley! Do you even care about anyone else but Ash?"

I could still see his face, twisted in anger and hurt. It wasn't just about Ash; it was about us. About how I seemed to always be pulled away, leaving him behind. I pushed myself to run faster, hoping to escape the struggle inside me.

"Of course I care, Reggie," I had said, trying to reason with him. But it was clear he wasn't hearing me, or maybe I wasn't saying the right things. "But Ash needs me. The pressure of everything he is facing right now is beyond what he can handle alone."

"And what about me, Riley? Do I not matter to you?" His voice had cracked, tears streaming down his face. "Every time something happens with Ash, you run off and leave me behind. You don't even think about what that does to me."

The memory of his tears stung more than the cold wind against my face. I pushed myself harder, the muscles in my legs burning, my breath coming in short gasps. I ran through the park, the trees a blur around me. This was supposed to help clear my mind, but all I could think about was Reggie and how I had let him down.