C33 - The Ranking Competition of the New Students

"Where's your sense of decency? Don't you have any limits?"

The principal shook his head in resignation. This kid was too pragmatic, a classic case of 'no rabbit, no eagle'—he wouldn't lift a finger unless the benefits were laid out before him.

"I'm just trying to boost my strength. Without it, how can I protect myself, let alone my family and my aunt?"

Zhou Mu declared unabashedly, with a brazen look on his face.

"The ranking competition starts tomorrow. Remember to show up on time."

With an eye roll, the principal gestured for Zhou Mu to leave.

"Got it. I'll take first place for sure. I won't disappoint my aunt!"

Zhou Mu gave a salute and strode out the door, full of confidence.

"This kid..."

Watching Zhou Mu's retreating figure, the principal couldn't suppress a smirk. "He may be a scoundrel, but he's also quite amusing."

After a moment of silence, the principal started tracing the mode in the air.

Zhou Mu had been in the Sanctuary for Spiritual Growth for an extended period without being rejected, indicating something unusual.

She needed to conduct a thorough check to prevent a recurrence.

As she opened the space and delved in with her senses, her brow furrowed.

Besides the near-total depletion of soul energy in the air, she detected no anomalies.

"Zhao Qianqian was only in there for less than half an hour before I brought her out. The soul energy must have been completely absorbed by Zhou Mu. To consume the equivalent of three people and still not hit his limit—this kid is full of secrets."

The principal murmured, harboring no desire to pry.

After all, Zhou Mu was Zhou Hao's nephew, practically her own by extension.

For a level ten Animal Whisperer, it would be shameful to covet a younger family member's opportunities.

"The soul energy in the Sanctuary for Spiritual Growth has the potential to create a level ten Animal Whisperer. We've used it sustainably for years, retaining over eighty percent of its energy."

After a brief hesitation, the principal made up her mind, "Well then, faced with such talent, it's time for the Sanctuary to fulfill its true purpose. When the crucial moment comes, I'll give him the support he needs to become another level ten Beast Whisperer for the Noshar Empire."

As he finished speaking, the space before him began to warp and contort. Within a mere two minutes, it collapsed inward, condensing into a crystal the size of a walnut.

This was the Sanctuary for Spiritual Growth in its true form!

...

Stepping out of the principal's office, Zhao Qianqian lifted her hand, and a big-headed fish materialized in her palm.

"Have you got it?"

Zhao Qianqian inquired.

"I've secured the Phoenix's blood, but there's been a snag with the dragon blood. I sense a deep-seated fear, a dread rooted in its bloodline," the big-headed fish hesitated before responding.

"Fear? But you're the Heaven Devouring Fish, capable of consuming all. What could possibly scare you?"

Zhao Qianqian's brow furrowed in confusion.