C13 - Chaos Horse

"The Dongfeng really holds up. If it had been a San Tian taking that hit, it would've fallen apart by now."

The chubby guy murmured under his breath, his voice a mix of awe and scorn.

"We're over a hundred kilometers from the safe zone. We should make it there in under two hours, tops."

Zhou Mu spoke nonchalantly, his demeanor utterly relaxed.

After being out for over half a month, he was looking forward to some rest before it was time to apply for university.

With his grades, getting into Bayshore School was a sure thing.

Anything less than a first-rate evaluation would suggest foul play—there was no other explanation.

Having killed ten second-rank, five-star ordinary fiend beasts right after high school, his combat prowess was clearly elite.

Students of his caliber were rare, with maybe five a year at most.

And Zhou Mu was in a league of his own, possessing a leader-grade spirit animal at level one—a feat unmatched in four hundred years.

"My name's Zhang Liang, and these are Zhang Dabao and Zhang Xiaomei. May I ask your name, brother? If there's ever a need, we're ready to go through fire and water for you."

Zhang Liang said earnestly, having collected himself.

"Absolutely! I'd face death without flinching!"

Zhang Dabao nodded vigorously, his belly fat quivering with the motion.

Zhang Xiaomei reacted similarly, though it wasn't her belly that rippled.

"Aren't you a Tian by surname?"

Zhou Mu was puzzled.

"Just a little cleverness, a joke."

"Oh!"

Zhou Mu nodded, then added, "I'm Zhou Mu. You might have heard the name."

"Zhou Mu? Sounds vaguely familiar..."

Zhang Dabao mumbled, struggling to place it, while Zhang Xiaomei gaped in astonishment.

"Zhou Mu? The Zhou family's young master? The one who effortlessly slaughtered the elite barbed sus scrofa and scored a first-rate on the combat exam, Zhou Mu?"

"My idol! I can't believe I'm meeting my idol in person!"

Zhang Liang's eyes sparkled with excitement and his face showed his amazement.

The incident where Zhou Mu killed Wu Yuexia's spirit animal, leaving her vomiting blood and unconscious, had become the talk of the entire Ambergrasp Province.

Miss Wu, once perched atop her lofty pedestal, now found herself crushed underfoot by a man she had once scorned. The stark reversal resonated deeply with many onlookers.

In a world where power was paramount, laws could only do so much to stem the tide of oppression.

There's an old adage that says, "Troubled times breed demons, and prosperous times, ghosts of the wronged."

Regardless of the era, it's always the common folk who bear the brunt of suffering.

Four centuries of conflict had cemented the Noshar Empire's formidable reputation, yet peace remained elusive.

The world was already full of fissures, with new rifts emerging constantly.

The Empire was in dire need of the strong. Beyond the perks, their status would soar.