C35 - The Zhou Family Was Truly Omniscient

Despite its limited intelligence, the Blazing Wind's combat prowess was formidable.

This Gator, ranked at the third tier, was on par with Goldie and Gator. In a one-on-one battle, it should be able to hold its ground for some time.

"Boss, I'll take this one. It's a good chance to get some practice in!"

Goldie flapped its wings with gusto, looking ready to dive into the fray with sleeves rolled up, eager for action.

The skill Golden Essence Sword Qi compensated for Goldie's smaller stature, enabling it to take on larger fiend beasts in combat.

Right now, it needed a fight to shake off the shadows left by the Sinister Six and to continue its ascent to the throne of the bird kingdom.

"Golden Essence Sword Qi!"

With an angry cry, Goldie unleashed a dazzling light that coalesced and struck the Gator squarely on the rear.

"Awoo!"

A piercing howl erupted as the Gator was jolted awake, its six blood-red eyes instantly zeroing in on its assailant.

The battle was on—a fierce clash between bird and beast.

Goldie's sword qi had missed its mark, but the impact was nonetheless impressive. The next time Gator was constipated, it would surely recall Goldie's "assistance."

After all, if one eye failed, there was always another in reserve!

"Damn, that's like a knife to the butt—quite the eye-opener. I better keep my distance from this birdbrain to avoid friendly fire."

Hai Ming's face was grave as he recalled his own painful and embarrassing experience at the hospital for hemorrhoids, empathizing with the pain inflicted.

As lords of their kind, Goldie and Blazing Wind were evenly matched, neither able to gain the upper hand for the moment.

Given Blazing Wind's low intelligence, one could easily set a trap to ensnare it.

But Goldie was eager to prove itself, and Zhou Mu didn't intervene.

Even if Goldie couldn't win, it wasn't the end of the world—Gator was still in the wings.

At equal rank, Gator feared no fiend beast.

Outside the Illusion Mirror, the teachers exchanged glances, bewildered.

"Has this kid always been this headstrong?"

"Blazing Wind may not be the brightest, but its combat strength is undeniable. Such cockiness, though, could lead to a harsh lesson."

A teacher clad in black huffed disdainfully, his gaze toward Zhou Mu laced with revulsion.

"Even if he loses, your student won't claim first place. No can do. Even if everyone ahead of him fails, he's not up to the mark."

Fong Ju, the head of admissions, scoffed, eyeing the man in black as if he were looking at an idiot.

"Fong Ju, seems like you're courting death."

The man in black shattered the armrest with a punch and rose swiftly to his feet, looking ready to strike at any moment.

Fong Ju might have been outmatched in strength, but he was far from cowardly.

"Go ahead, kill me if you dare, or else keep your mouth shut."

Fong Ju shot him a dismissive glance, unwilling to squander more time. "I'd suggest you play it straight. Zhou Hao doesn't mess around. If anything happens to Zhou Mu, he won't bother with an investigation; he'll just eliminate all suspects on the spot. And Zhou Chun, if you fancy spending the next few decades paying through the nose for your daily greens, or being hunted down, then by all means, take your chances."