Chapter 38

"For right now, I can believe Ryan when he says Bonnie has been down lately still, and Ryan doesn't seem like he's doing anything bad... and he's not in our dorm so be couldn't get in. And Ryan's never seemed to have anything against me. And don't forget that they both don't ride."

"All fair points" Amoy says. Then she sets down her paper. "Are we going to talk about it?"

"About what?"I ask.

"Your... mom..." she says slowly and quietly.

Only Amoy and Seth knew that my mom was the lost princess. And I'd told them to say nothing about it.

I shrugged, "what is there to say? It's not like it matters. There's already someone else on the throne and an heir... and who would believe me even if I did try and tell the whole world the truth? It will just bring up more conspiracies about me..." I stopped realizing I was rambling.

"Have you spoken to anyone else about it?" Amoy asks.

I shake my head.

Amoy opened her mouth to say something when the door opened.

"Hey" Renee sets down a bag of food from McDonalds. "Brought the food you asked for Amoy."

"Than goodness, I'm starving" Amoy gets up and acts as if we hadn't been talking about something world changing, but instead boys or school homework. She was good at this. Hopefully I was too and my face didn't give anything away.

"Yup" I stand up and walk out of the room and sit on the couch. Renee pulled out a chicken sandwich, unwrapped it, and took a bite. I did the same grabbing my plain hamburger.

Apparently this place was so big that the mall also had a McDonalds in it. And somehow I didn't know about this till today, when I spent a whole year here already.

Dipping a greasy fry in the ranch Amoy says, "of all my American fast restaurants, this has got to be one of the best."

"Agreed"Renee says.

"Hey" Abbie walks in and drop her dorm key into her bag before handing it on the door shelf. "Yum food. Smells good."

"Want some? I got some extra chicken-nuggets in case" Renee says.

"Sorry, I'm fulll. I got some food with Isabelle earlier." Abbie says.

I could see Amoy's eyes flicker to me quickly before looking away.

"Isabelle?" Renee asks.

"A girl from the stables" me and Abbie say at the same time. Our eyes meet before we look away.

"Well, is she nice?"Renee asks.

"Yup, and a good rider" Abbie says. "Since we weee both knew we decided to go and explore the campus together. We found this really cool bakery. We tried this brownie together and it was amazing! You should try it some time!"

"Have you spoken to Zack?" If it hadn't been for Zack's fun Nick being friends, he might become jealous. And yeah, that was me being sarcastic.

"No, I was just going to call him" Abbie walks toward her room. "Be right back."

Thoughts?

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts!!!!