Chapter 24

When I opened my eyes, I saw I was in my bed. Beside me sat Seth.

"Seth?" Was all I managed to get out.

He looks to me relief washing over his face, "your awake."

"What happened?" I ask. My voice sounded groggy.

"You were almost killed" Mr. Robinson says. "The shooter got past security. Somehow. I have everyone figuring it out now. Whoever did this most likely also sabotaged your saddle as well."

"Is everyone okay?" I ask.

"Jessica was skimmed by a bullet, but everything else is fine." Seth says.

"Will they be sent home?" I ask.

"No" Mr. Robinson says. "As protocol states the estate is under full lockdown. No one goes in or out."

Poor Abbie and Zack probably want to see their families...

—————

I was shaken awake by Abbie, who had joined me earlier telling Seth to rest. Zack was in the couch.

"There's someone outside the window!" She hissed at me.

Getting up, grabbing the crutch I look outside. There's a hooded figure walking towards the workout room.

"Let's go" I say. Moving towards the door.

"What if it's them?" Abbie asks.

"Stay behind me" I answer slowly opening the door.

Looking around to make sure the halls are clear I creep with Abbie down the stairs and to the doors.

The night was quiet, there was no breeze. The figure had walked into the gym room.

"Let's go" I say.

Looking through the gym doors it looks empty, but I knew someone was in there. Quietly I move to handle and step inside, Abbie behind me.

The lights were off, but the door to the mat room was open. Slowly I creep to it and a bright light shines in my eyes. There standing in-front of me is her.

"Vivi?!" I ask started. What was she doing her this late at night?! "What are you doing here?!"

"Where are you doing?!" She asks.

"I asked first" I say.

"I was getting my fencing sword" she says. Holding up a duffle bag with her gear in it.

"Why?" I ask.

"So that..." she stiles. Takes a breath, and says, "so I can kill my mom."

Surprise!!!!!!! What do you think Vivi is doing?!??!

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts!!!!!!!