Chapter 6

The next day Gran wanted a tour of the farm.

We drove the golf carts out to the stables, Mr. Robinson doing most of the talking about the horse business and how we are expanding slowly but surely.

"I want to see Perseus" Gran says.

"I'm sorry but he is at the school still" Mr. Robinson says.

"Then have her ride a different horse, you have more right? Get her one" Gran says. I'm already understanding the warning of her being intense.

Mr. Robinson nods and turns to a stable hand.

"I'm not wearing riding clothes"I say.

"You've got pants, a shirt, and boots. And you e got the Jameson Legacy behind you."

—————

Soon enough we were at the Arena, and a stable hand was walking Dante. A Dutch warmblood to me.

Carefully getting on we I give him time to adjust to me, soon  starting to do the dressage moves

Carefully getting on we I give him time to adjust to me, soon starting to do the dressage moves. Flawless.

We practiced for a few more minutes before Mr. Robinson said we should give Dante some time to cool down.

"What did I say?" Gran asks. "You've got the Jameson Legacy behind you."

—————

It was soon time to do some jumping, we got the first jump. Perfect.

We were running toward the next when I felt the saddle shift.

We went to jump when the saddle seemed to come undone, and I feel off Dante.

—————

"She almost died. Again!!!" Aunt Rebecca a was furious.

"It was set up, the bus was cut." Mr. Robinson tries to calm her down.

I sat in the desk chair, holding an ice pack to my head.

"I thought you said you have amazing security, where is it? And where's her bodyguard?!" She asks.

"At a classified meeting. And my people are getting to the bottom of it." Mr. Robinson says.

"The same people who have tried to kill her?" My Aunt asks sarcastically.

Mr. Robinsons face was so red I actually thought he might blow up like a volcano. "And what's your amazing idea?"

"Stop this. The reason she's wanted dead." Aunt Rebecca says. "End her ties to the will."

"Even if I did people won't stop then, now that they know she exists. This is the best way to go about it." Mr. Robinson says.

Aunt Rebecca sighed in defeat.

How was that? Who do you think is the mastermind?