Chapter 18

"So let me get this straight" Abbie says. We were is the seating area of my room, on the couch. We had a pile of her nail polish on the floor, she was doing hers orange. "All in the time you went away, you got a half brother and sister, and a new syco stepmom. You were almost killed multiple of times, fought the killer, and got a boyfriend?!"

"Yup" I say.

"And you ride horses again?"

"Yup."

"When did your life become interesting?!" Abbie says.

"No clue" I say. "Anyways, we shouldn't be talking about me. What's going on with you both?"

"Well... I'm in the play" Abbie says.

"That's great!" Abbie wasn't much of a person to get out to do lots of things. She mainly did more go with the flow activities. And she was an amazing actress. She could re-create any scene from a movie. "Zack?"

"I... got a car?" He says.

"Your mom let you get one?" For as long as is known Zack he's believed cars were a death trap. He refused to get a car even when he had his license.

"Yup" Abbie says. "He can finally give me rides to school!"

Before this all, when I still lived at my old home I rode the bike to school with Abbie every day.

"Anything else big happen?" I ask. I was almost finished putting on the blue to my fingers.

"Ummmm..." Abbie says. "There is something..."

"Hmmm?"I look up to her. "What?"

"I... we..." Abbie sighs. "Fine. Me and Zack are dating."

I choked on my drink. "You are?!" In all my life that's something I never thought I'd hear.

"Yeah... after you'll left... during Halloween." Abbie says.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I knew we didn't text much but still...

She shrugs, " I guess we didn't think it would last long."

"And?" I ask.

"And... we were wrong."

"Well... I'm glad. You guys would make a good couple." I say.

—————

That next morning after we got up and dressed we headed downstairs for breakfast.

Today was fluffy pancakes, which reminded me of clouds. They were still warm when the servants gave them to us, with the tea, hot cocoa, juice, or coffee options.

 They were still warm when the servants gave them to us, with the tea, hot cocoa, juice, or coffee options

Zack got his usual, black coffee. Abbie got coco, and I had apple juice. Gran soon joined us, followed by Glorious who was apparently still here from after the funeral.

Shyanne didn't come, and neither did Vivi. But Aren did, when he sat down there was a hint of flour on his face. He must have been baking.

"So... what are we going o do today?" Abbie asks.

"I was planning on having Lauren give you all a tour, then you can either ride or swim, we have a small golf course... blowing ally..." Mr. Robinson says.

"We have a bowling ally?" I ask surprised. How had I not known this?!

He nods, "there's also trails for 4-wheeler and ATV rides, but it's closed off due to the trail being unstable after the rain flood a week ago."

How did I know that little of my own house?!

"Defiantly should have the tour first, to get ideas" Abbie says.

Thoughts on her friends? Thoughts?

Please remember to vote and leave a comment!!!! I could really use ideas for the book, my mind is literally running dry!!! 😑