Chapter 10

"We ran into Amira" I tell Amoy later. "And her parents, and Shyanne who was with Aren and Vivi." Aunt Rebecca and Amoy's brother were at the counter ordering food.

"Was it awkward?"Amoy takes a sip of her doctor pepper.

"Very. Shyanne and Mr. Lockwood seemed... close?"

"Well, the there kids used to be engaged."Amoy points out.

I slightly choke on my coke. "They what? Who?!"

"Aren and Amira, there parents wanted to combine the companies, but as soon as you were out in the will the deal was off." Amoy says.

"Lucky him" Seth says.

"What else don't I know about?" I ask. Was I that oblivious?

Amoy shrugs; "people don't talk about it that much. The only people who see it as a good thing are the girls who have a crush on him."

Seth snorts beside me.

—————

After lunch we went to the auditorium where the headmaster gave a speech about this school year and the seniors went on stage.

Soon Aunt Rebecca said goodbye.

"Be safe" she whispers in my ear.

"I will" I promise.

—————

It was time for the trial. Since I was a key witness to had to go. Including Seth, Luke, Bonnie, Ryan, and lots of other kids.

One by one we were brought to the podium to be questioned. Bonnie looked like she might cry when they asked if she was helping Jacob or if she had any idea if he was involved. Seth explained what happened in the garden, and me and Luke said what happened in our view.

Soon was the break while the jury made their choice for Jacob.

Seth, Luke, and I were getting lunch when Ryan walks up. "Hey."

"Hey." I say.

"How are you holding up?" He asks.

"Fine, poor Bonnie should have to be here though." I say.

"Yeah... today amid hard for her..." Ryan says. "What Jacob did was wrong."

I nod agreeing.

"Have you eaten?" Luke asks. Ever since the dance they haven't been getting into any fights.

"No, but I'm also not hungry." Ryan says.

—————

Soon it was finally time for Jacob's sentence.

Two guards stood on either side of him as they made him stand to face the judge.

"For the count of three murders, Jacob Marvel is here bye sentenced with 40 years of prison." The judge calls out. And Jacob is taken away. It was time for Claire.

—————

After going through it all over again, it was midnight. The jury was making their decision.

I was leaning against Seth, half asleep when the Jury walks in. Followed by Claire.

"For the murder of seven people, and the attempted murder of three. Claire Talley is here bye sentenced with seventy years of prison." The judge calls outs. Sahila sits up in front of me when Claire starts to choke. She falls to the floor while the guards try to figure out what was wrong...

I'd known she wanted Claire to get life... or worse...

How was that? Thoughts?

Please remember to vote and leave a comment!!!!! And to all those who are reading my book and voting, thank you!!!!!!!!