Chapter 74

Roddy POV

"Oh- Wassup Branson" I said as I opened my front door for Halle's little brother.

"Nothing. Wassup wit chu?" He asked as we did our handshake.

"Just rearranging my house. Wanna help?" I asked.

"I uh, can't stay long, my mom is waiting on me outside. I told her I left my charger here" Branson said.

"Oh- Well, what's she gone say when you gone back with no charger?" I asked.

"I didn't think that far yet.." He said and I chuckled.

Then I looked at him and could tell he had a lot on his mind.

So I said, "What's on your mind?"

"Halle." Branson said.

"Oh yeah.. She's been on my mind a lot too." I said sitting down on the couch.

"Then why don't you call her?" He asked.

"I do call. But if it's not about Halo, then she doesn't wanna talk to me." I said.

"Why? What'd you do? I'm out the loop on social media and everything but I hear it's all on there. What you do?" He asked.

"Something I shouldn't have.." I said.

"Is that why she's been acting the way she does?" Branson asked.

"What are you talking about? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just.. She's not herself. She cries every day, and it just seems like she's nervous or something. Why don't you call her and make her feel better?" Branson asked.

"Branson.. Your sister asked me not to call her if it's not about Halo. I gotta respect that. If there's something really wrong with her, I'm sure Chloe will take care of her." I said.

"If she wanted Chloe to take care of her, she would've told her to." Branson said.

"Then do me a favor aight? You take care of her, till she lets me take care of her again." I said.

Branson nodded his head and said "Alright."

"And here" I said tossing him a spare charger. "So yo mama won't trip on you" I added and he laughed saying "Thanks Roddy."

"No problem, see you later Branson" I said.

"Aight" He said before he walked out of my house and I watched him walk to his mama's car.

Halle's mom didn't even look my way and I sighed. She loved me, but now she doesn't because of the whole situation. Can't blame her but damn.

Branson got in the car and waved bye at me and I gave him the head nod before Halle's mom zoomed off in the car.

-

Halle POV

"Alright play it back for me" I said to my producer as I was in the studio. I just finished recording a song and now I was playing it back to see how I sound.

He said "Playback" before he started playing the song back for me and I closed my eyes just listened.

Look at me
I have fallen so in love with you
Please don't leave
Stay around
Let me tell you all the things I feel
Won't you pleaseeee
Let me be your angellllllllllllll
Let me be the one for youuuuu
Let me be your angelllllllllllll
Let me be the one you believe in
Oooh baby

"Yes yes yes!" I said clapping my hands.

I was so proud of myself.

"Hey sweetie! Sorry for interrupting buttttt" Josephina, the front desk receptionist said walking into my session with a full big bouquet of roses.