Chapter 72

Halle POV

"You guys are the sweetest to me, for real" I said to the audience as I dabbed my forehead with a towel

Had a performance tonight. Me and Chloe. We performed together first, then Chloe did her half alone. Now I'm doing my half alone.

"I uh.. Wrote something that I wanna sing for y'all tonight. Y'all down?" I asked and everybody started screaming. I smiled.

I looked ahead into the audience as the beat dropped, and I began to sing.

Since you've been away
I've been down and lonely...

Soon as I started singing, everybody screamed once again and all their phone cameras were flashing on me.

Since you've been away
I've been thinking of you...
Trying to understand
The reason you left me
What were you going through?

Oooh, I'm missing you
Tell me why the road turns
Oooh, I'm missing you
Tell me why the road turns

I looked ahead and I could see Roddy way in the back with Keefa and I just kept going.

Honestly I wasn't surprised. He always pulls this charade.

It didn't move me whatsoever. I'm just so over it, the bullshit and all.

I tried.

I've cried so many tears
Gotta face now all my fears
We let time slip away
I need you, boy, here today

There was so much you gave me to my heart, to my soul
There was so much of your dreams that were never told

You had so much hope for a brighter day
Why were you, my flower, plucked away?
Tell me why the road turns
Oooh
Tell me why the road turns

After I got done singing, I said "Thank you guys." And everyone was screaming. I smiled and blew a kiss to the audience before walking off the stage, gracefully.

My manager handed me a water bottle and I said "Thank you"

"Of course. You good?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, just need to get to the dressing room" I said.

"Right this way" My manager said and I started following her.

-

Chloe POV

"The fuck?" I said seeing Roddy and Keefa in the back with Sergio.

Roddy should not be here.

All he does is set Halle back when she's trying to move on. Like y'all already co parent and have to see each other, let her be when she doesn't have to see you.