Chapter 53

Halle POV

"Halle Bailey!" Photographers said as I was walking down the path

Today was my first screening for my movie "The little mermaid". Only a selected few were invited, and the big premiere is next weekend which I'm excited and nervous for.

I was getting pictures taken as I was walking and I seen a few of my music peers screaming for me and I laughed and waved at them.

Of course Chloe was here and she brought Gunna. And others were here like Coco Jones, Justine Skye, Ryan Destiny, plenty of singers and rappers and actors and actresses.

I'm more than excited and this is just the screening. The premiere will be even more exciting.

I got inside of the building and headed towards the front of the theatre, and they started letting everyone in.

I took a deep breath feeling myself getting nervous.

I just hope when this movie drops that everyone likes it and that I did a good job recreating this iconic film playing my favorite Disney character.

Once everyone got in the theatre, the lady grabbed my hand and helped me up the stairs in these heels so I can get on stage.

Everybody started clapping as I walked on stage and I smiled.

I waved at everyone as I got to the mic, and I seen Roddy right in the front with Chloe and Gunna, and I looked at him.

He took his shades off and winked at me.

I took a deep breath and blushed.

He makes me so nervous, I don't know. It's not in a bad way though. It just kind of feels like we're starting over in a way, from scratch.

I grabbed the mic and said "Hi everybody. Thank you so much for coming for the first screening of the little mermaid."

Everybody started clapping.

"It took us a year to film this in London, and I'm so grateful. I'm honored, to do this film for all the beautiful little girls, the women of color. We deserve this chance to shine." I said.

"That's right!" Somebody yelled and everyone laughed including me.

"Mhm! So thank you all for coming, I really hope you guys enjoy the screening." I said blowing them a kiss and they all clapped as I was gracefully led off the stage.

I was then guided down the steps and off the stage, and led to the front to sit by my sister.

It was me in the middle, Roddy on the right and Chloe on the left. And Gunna was beside Chloe.

Although me and Roddy are not together and sort of working on our situation, I appreciated him being here to support me.

His support still means everything to me.