Chapter 7

Roddy POV

Midnight

"Where you headed?" Keefa asked me through the phone as I was driving.

"To Halle" I said.

"How's that going?" He asked me.

"Man, she mad at me right now but I'm gone make it right so I ain't trippin" I said.

"What you do now cuh?" He asked and I laughed saying "Why I had to do something"

"Because she ain't finna get mad for no reason" Keefa said and I smacked my lips.

"I just... Wasn't completely honest with her about Denise and them other bitches" I said and he sighed through the phone.

"Nigga." Keefa said.

"I know, that's why I'm on my way to see her" I said.

"You got rid of them?" He asked me.

"Of who?" I asked.

"Nigga you know who, all them hoes" Keefa said chuckling.

"Almost" I said.

"What that mean?" He asked.

"Well, the other two I haven't been talking to like that. It was mainly Denise still calling and shit so there's really no need for conversation with the other two" I said.

"Aight so whats gone happen if they call?" Keefa asked.

"I'll set it straight then." I said.

"Mmm okay well that's good but just be one hunnit wit Halle and it should be coo from that point forward" Keefa said.

"Yeah I know.." I said pulling up to her and Chloe's house, and I parked and stopped the car.

"Aight" Keefa said.

"Aight I'm here so I'll hit you up later" I said.

"Aight cuz be easy" He said.

"Got chu" I said before we hung up the phone and I went through my contacts, scrolling until I got to Halle's number and I pressed the call button.

It rang three times before she answered and said "What is it Rodrick?"

She better be glad she special to me. She the only one I'll let slide calling me that.

"Can you lose the attitude?" I asked.

"Can you lose the hoes?" Halle asked and I laughed a little.

"Exactly" She said.

"You so feisty and shit" I said.

"What do you want Roddy? I'm busy" Halle said.

"You ain't doing shit, come outside. I'm here" I said and it got silent for a moment.

"Hello?" I said.

"What- Boy what are you doing here?" Halle asked me.

"Came to see you.. So come out and chill wit me" I said.

She sighed a little and said "Okay.. Give me a second"

"Aight" I said before hanging up the phone and I leaned back against the seat grabbing my blunt from my ashtray.

Needed this shit. I had a long day.

I lit it and exhaled through my mouth closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

I could hear Halle's front door open and close, so I looked over and seen her in her pajamas and robe and she was walking to the car.

She had a scarf on and everything, I smiled a little.