Chapter 71

Chloe POV

I walked in the house with a bag of Raising Canes for me and Halle.

She told me everything about Roddy and how he cheated, and I just knew his ass wasn't shit.

I knew it.

And she's been down for the past week because of it. They've barely been communicating, unless it's about Halo.

And I just wanna do whatever I can to help my sister feel better during this process.

I heard the piano going, and I could hear her singing from her bedroom.

I walked towards her room and seen Halo on her lap as she was at the piano playing it, and singing.

You are the sky
The moon at night
You are my life
A shining light
These things I've learned are neverending
Stories we will tell

I poked my bottom lip out and put my hand to my chest. She sounds so gorgeous.

That's my mothafuckin sister.

You don't know what a song you sing
You don't know how much joy you bring
You are my
Angel, angel
Asleep inside your
Halo, halo
I'm right beside you
And you know, you know
How much you're loved
I know you forever will be my
Angel

Then she stopped playing the piano and she kissed Halo over and over as she held him.

"That was so beautiful" I said and she looked over at me and smiled a little saying "You think so?"

"Yessss. You wrote that for Halo?" I asked.

"Yep. The only man who will never break my heart" She said chuckling. Then she just held him and kissed his forehead.

"I got us some food" I said.

"Oooh Raising Canes. Thank you sissy!" She said.

"No problem" I said with a smile.

Her phone started ringing, and she said "Oh it's that guy DDG that I did a song with."

I made a face.

I don't like him either. And Halle knows it.

She laughed seeing my facial expression before she answered the phone saying "Hello?"

"Put him on speaker" I mouthed and she nodded her head doing so.

"Halle, how you doing? This is Darryl" He said.

"I know. I'm good how are you?" Halle said back.

"I'm great. I uh... Saw the break up news in the media with you and Roddy. Is it true?" He asked.

"Why he care" I said and Halle put her finger to her mouth telling me to shh and I shrugged.

"It's true." Halle said.

"I'm sorry to hear that" He said.

"It's fine." She said.

"I was wondering if I'd be too forward to ask you if we could grab lunch tomorrow? Around 2?" He asked. Halle's eyes widened.

"Say no" I mouthed.

"Uh- I might be busy. I'm not sure. I'll let you know" Halle said.

"Okay, yeah just text me and let me know what's up" He said.

"Okay." She said.

"Aight talk to you later" He said and then Halle hung up.

"Uhhhh why didn't you say no? I dont like his toxic ass either" I said and she laughed.