Chapter-30

"Think just to kill time. I want to know whether your opinion corresponds with mine or not."

"I have no more energy to talk now." There was a pleading look in his eyes.

"Just this. I am not going to worry you anymore on this day." Malathi was persistent.

"Hundred percent we need." He opened his eyes and looked at his wife. "I already told you sex education is not to say how to do sex. It is to say the disadvantages of premature and unsafe sex. It is to say how to take precautions at least...." He felt uncomfortable to say that. "If they cannot restrain the urge."

"But it is appearing to me like encouraging them to immoral sex by taking precautions."

"It sure appears like that but it is better to take precautions and do it rather than subjecting themselves to unnecessary diseases and unwanted pregnancies."

There was silence between them both then. Neither of them knew what to say more.

***

Fever completely off Ragini appeared so happy and active to Jasmine and Mounika. The change in her like that did not surprise either Jasmine or Mounika. They both knew very well why she had got that fever.

"I am feeling so happy and so happy now. I am going to say one more good thing to both of you." Hugging them both at once, Ragini said.

"First tell us what is that good news." Mounika asked her.

"I have got my periods also." Ragini laughed and said.

"We have confirmed ourselves that there is no pregnancy at all on yesterday itself." Jasmine said. "Anyway it is double confirmed now."

"There is one more good news here and if you both hear it, you feel shock." Narrowing her eyes Ragini said.

"It seems that you are going to say only good news all the time this day. Spit that out." Mounika said.

"Pramod came to see me." Ragini said with a small voice.

"What?" Mounika and Jasmine said at once and looked into each other's eyes. "Pramod came to see you?" Mounika said.

"That is what I am saying. Pramod came to see me. He felt very bad for what he did to me."

"I see." Mounika nodded her head. "What else he said to you?"

"We completely misunderstood Pramod. He said that he would not leave me all alone with the problem. As we both were in the same way contributed to it, he is ready to tell the world that he is the father of the child. He promised to marry me. He said he would not bother with the consequences we have to face because of that." Ragini said.

"And you believed every word he said!" Mounika sarcastically said.

"He meant what he has said. There is no necessity to him to come and see me. No one would blame him if he did not do that. But he came to see me. He felt very bad seeing my condition so. Once said I was pregnant, he instantly came forward to take the responsibility."

"Oh, my god! I just don't know what to say." Mounika exasperated.

"Its alright Ragini. It proved he is also a good boy. There is no necessity to punish anyone. Just tell him that there is no pregnancy to you and ask him study carefully." Jasmine said.

"I already told him that and relieved him from his tension." Ragini said.

"Then what else there is to think or worry about? You too concentrate on your studies and get good marks in your examinations. In the first unit test you did not score well. You too know about that." Jasmine said again.