Chapter-16

"Please ask."

"What is the real reason behind your divorce? Are you in love with anyone? Are you going to marry anyone after your divorce?"

"It is not so. I am not in love with anyone. I am not going to marry anyone after divorce."

"Is he is in love with anyone? Does he want to marry anyone after divorce?"

"I don't think so. So far I know he is not interested in marrying anyone."

"Is there anything else? Is he is ill-treating you? Cruel to you? Torturing you? Is there any particular reason for taking divorce?" looking curiously into the face of Prameela, Malathi asked her.

"No, nothing like that." With an indifferent expression in her face Prameela said.

"Then why this divorce? For whose sake? To whose benefit? In my opinion that you both are so desperate to take divorce only to satisfy your egos. And with that strong desire you both just have forgotten about Mounika."

"I never forget about Mounika. I am working as a government lecturer and I can look after her welfare so well." Prameela said with a firm voice. "Mounika not likes her father much and she has no problem whatsoever to stay with me." She easily lied.

"You never can give her the love of her father. That deficiency remains like that to her forever."

"There is not much father and daughter relationship between them both" Prameela lied with ease again. "No problem. I can manage my life without husband and Mounika manage herself without father."

"Is there no chance at all that you can change your decision? Is it is not possible to you both remain as man and wife for Mounika's sake?" with desperation Malathi asked her.

"Just impossible! You are asking for the impossible."

Malathi remained silent. She understood that she could not change her decision at all. Suddenly there was some sound and she turned back and looked. There was a tall and handsome person.

"He is my husband, Sudhakar." Prameela said with a small voice.

"I am very glad to meet you sir." Malathi said with a smile.

"She is Jasmine's mother." Prameela said.

"I guessed that much. There is lot of resemblance between mother and daughter." Sudhakar laughed. "I am feeling very happy that you came to our home."

"My daughter Jasmine also has come. She and your daughter were talking in your daughter's room." Malathi said.

"That is what they both would do whenever they meet." Sudhakar said. "Jasmine and Mounika are very close friends."

"They both made me and your wife also so close friends."

"Is that so?" Sudhakar laughed once again.

"Alright. Now we want to go to our home. I feel very happy if you and your wife" looking into the face of Prameela, Malathi said "Come to our house on one day."

There was a sudden change in the expressions on the faces of Sudhakar and Prameela. "We do try." He said.

Then Prameela said "Just wait. You both are going to take some tiffin and coffee. You have come to our home for the first time. I cannot let you go without taking atleast some tiffin and coffee. When I came to your home I said that I make you both taste my dishes."

"That is absolutely not necessary...." Malathi tried to say something.

Prameela went into the kitchen without bothering with Malathi's protestations.