Chapter-8

Then Manorama started asking questions on English grammar to the students and some of them were answered and some of them were not. Jasmine was also asked two questions and she answered them. This time Mounika also answered the questions so nicely. Whenever the students could not answer the questions, Manorama explained them.

"You are all not disappointing but a little more work on this sure shall be beneficial. Every day I dedicate fifteen minutes or so to English grammar in my period."

"Alright teacher" once again in unison all the students said.

Manorma was about to say something more then the peon came into the class with a notice. Manorma took that and studied it carefully.

"From now on you pupils do have a meditation class once for every week. Thursday last period would be your mediation class. What is today?" looking straight into the faces of her students Manorama asked.

"Wednesday madam." Some of the students said.

"So you do have the meditation class in the last period of tomorrow. It shall be very interesting and entertaining."

Manorama signed on the notice and gave it back to the peon. He took it and went out of that class.

***

"So, you are going to have a meditation class from tomorrow onwards." After hearing what his daughter said, Sundar said.

"Yes" Jasmine nodded her head. "I am feeling very much thrilled."

"Now a day all the schools are conducting meditation classes."

"We don't have this type of meditation classes in our time." Malathi who sat nearby said.

"This meditation even it is in vogue for a long time, a recent phenomenon to us. One other good thing is the modern people are accustoming to it themselves. Meditation is very important to all of us." Sundar said.

"You are right." Malathi nodded her head. "Who is going to conduct this meditation class to you students?" she asked Jasmine.

"I don't know all about those particulars. We were all just told that there would be a meditation class to us in the last period of every Thursday." Jasmine said.

"Thursday is tomorrow itself!" Malathi said. "After the meditation class, tell me how it is and what you are asked to do."

"Sure I shall do that." Jasmine nodded her head.

After talking some more with her parents Jasmine put herself in her homework.

***

The meditation teacher Niranjan was not only a meditation expert but also a retired professor in psychology. He wrote books on meditation, yoga and he gave discourses on the same at many places. He was unmarried and earned enough by working as a psychology professor to go on with his life smoothly. Even he was earning money by his books and discourses, money was not his main concern. He just came into the nearby house to that school and when the principal contacted him and requested him to teach meditation in Rose Garden he agreed to do that an hour every evening. He always would feel happy to teach meditation and tell the people the things that they don't know.

"First you need to understand meditation in a proper way. If you think that the meditation is nothing but sit straight on a mat and force the thoughts out from your mind, you are just mistaken. Meditation is not making your mind empty and you never can make your mind empty at will."

He took all the ninth class students into the playground and once all of them sat peacefully on it, he started saying about meditation.

"I tell you now how to do meditation. You all just try to do it like that. Whenever you want to do meditation sit straight on a mat or even a plain floor like this there is no problem. This playground is indeed a best place for mediation. Keep both of your palms on your knee caps like this. Take four deep breaths. Close your eyes."