Chapter-10

"You are right. It may be better to let them be separated rather than keep them together by force." Mounika said.

Jasmine remained silent for a moment and then said. "Ever you try to know why they hate each other and accuse each other all the time?"

"I tried. But I could not know."

Jasmine got off from the rock and said "It may be little hurting to you. But I have to say this. If it is true it may not be possible to stop them from taking divorce."

"I already hurt a lot. A little more hurt does not do any damage. Just tell me what do you want to say." Mounika also got off from the rock and said. A strange fear gripped her heart.

"Generally one of the strong reasons that the parents decide to take divorce is that they are in love with someone else and want to live with him or her. Either your mom or dad or most possibly both may be in love with someone else and want to live with that person. That is why they are so much desperate to take divorce."

Mounika did not say anything. It took some time to her to digest what Jasmine said. Then tears were started flowing down on her cheeks.

"I know it is hurting. I should not have said it like this. Sorry." Jasmine hastily said putting her hand on the shoulder of Mounika.

"It is hurting of course." Mounika wiped off her tears with the back of her right hand and said. "But it is important to know also. I never have thought in this way. But there is a possibility."

There was silence once again and it had broken by Jasmine. "When you talk to your parents next time try to know about this."

"I don't think that they will tell me about that even something like that is there with them." Mounika's voice was still sorrowful.

"They have to. If it is true they need to let you know about that sooner or later. Just say to them that you do stay with them if there is someone else to be their wife or husband in future."

"No, I just cannot." Mounika burst into weeping. "I cannot say like that with them. Moreover I just cannot bear if they say they are in love with someone else."

Jasmine hugged her and said. "I know it is hard. I know it breaks your heart like this. But I still said it. Just because.........." She paused for a moment. "I have decided to solve your problem. I do go to any length if I have taken a decision to solve a problem."

"But what if they are in love with someone else?" there was fear and anxiety in the face of Mounika.

"I hope and pray god that it would not be so." Jasmine said. "Something deep inside me is still telling me that there is nothing like that with your parents. Just do in the way I said."

Then they both heard the lunch finishing bell distantly and both of them started moving towards their classroom.

***

"Now it is your turn. You have to come to my home." Jasmine said to Mounika.

"Why not? I really like to come to your home." With a smile Mounika said.

On the evening of that day Jasmine took Mounika to her home. "Mom, my friend Mounika. I have taken her to our home to introduce you and dad."

"You did a wonderful thing." Malathi smiled. "Hearty welcome into our home Mounika." Malathi said.

"Thank you very much aunty." Mounika also smiled.

"You both just sit and talk. I go and fetch something to eat." Malathi said.

"I don't want to eat anything. I am not feeling hungry now. If you stay with us I shall feel so happy."

"Nothing doing. You must take something in our home." Saying so Malathi went inside.