Chapter-26

One month or so has passed after the picnic. But Jasmine still could remember how much she enjoyed in the picnic. They played all sorts of games and enjoyed a lot. The lunch, snacks and other things on that day also were very good.

Ragini was not coming to school. A leave letter has been sent to the school informing that she was suffering from fever. As one of her close friends Mounika already went to her home three days back and saw her.

"It is worrying to me that she did not recover from her fever yet." On that day Mounika said with Jasmine.

'It is worrying to me also. She is the first friend I have made up in this school. I want to go to her home and see her." Jasmine said.

"We both shall go to her home on the evening of this day. First we go to our homes, tell our parents about our visit and then go to her home, what do you say?" Mounika suggested. "You know Ragini is one of my close friends."

"I know about that." Jasmine nodded her head. Jasmine still could remember the day when Ragini came to her and asked her to excuse Mounika. As Mounika said Ragini was a close friend to Mounika.

"I have no objection that both of you to go to her home. I am also feeling worry that she is suffering from fever like that." Malathi said. "Tell her that we are here to help her in whichever way she wants."

"Alright mom. Now I go to Mounika's home. We both are going to her. Ragini is the best and close friend to Mounika. Even more to me also. Mounika also is very much upset that Ragini is suffering like that." Jasmine said.

"Okay dear. You both safely go and come back. Is her home far from here?"

"Not of course. We can quite comfortably go to her home and come back by walk." Jasmine said.

It took only ten minutes or so to Jasmine to go to Mounika's home. She was greeted warmly by Mounika's mother Prameela.

"Mounika is in bathroom. She will be here just in no time." With a smile on her lips Prameela said. "Make comfortable yourself in that chair."

"Its alright. No problem aunty." placing herself in that chair, Jasmine said.

"I think Mounika and you have become very close friends. Mounika is very often talking about you."

"We both are very close friends now, of course. But there is not much to talk about me." While her small charming smile playing its role on her lips, Jasmine said.

"Is Mounika talking about our divorce to you at all?" after few seconds pause, with a small voice, Prameela asked Jasmine.

Jasmine shocked on hearing that. Immediately there came a troubling expression on her face. "No aunty. She did not say anything about divorce of anyone. Why are you asking me like that?"

"Her dad and I are going to be divorced. It is surprising to me that she did not say anything about that to you till now even you are such a close friend to her." there was a doubtful expression on the face of Prameela.

"There are limits even between close friends also I think." Jasmine said. "She did not say anything about your divorce. I don't know about any divorce." Jasmine was feeling quite uncomfortable to lie like that.

"But it is true. It is going to happen." Prameela said. After few seconds pause, looking pleadingly into the face of Jasmine, she said again. "Will you please do me a favour?"

"Tell me aunty. You need not ask me like this." trying to keep the expression on her face plain, Jasmine said.

"Will you persuade Mounika to stay with me after divorce? She is so much adamant to stay with her father."