Chapter 16: 𝒬𝓊𝒾𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒

"FUCK!"

"FUCK!"

Midoryia jumped as he heard Y/n shout from upstairs, dropping the trashbag he jolted up the stairs. His quirk glew behind him as he rushed to the door. Kicking it open, Midoryia stood with his legs spread apart and his arms up and ready for a fight. Instead, Y/n stood with wide eyes, her arms flat by her side. She smiled awkwardly and waved a hand.

"I uh...that was dramatic I apologize..." Y/n said nervously, rubbing a hand over her arm. Midoryia breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing against the door frame the neon green glow of his quirk slowly dimmed down.

"I thought you were hurt..." Midoryia whined, rubbing his eyes and trying to relax how fast his heart thumped in his chest. Y/n opened her mouth to speak but leaned back and shut her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Midoryia asked, "That sounded angry..." Y/n winced as he spoke, she played with her fingers and rubbed her foot on the carpet.

"I...uhm..." She glanced around the room, the dark hardwood of his bedframe caught her attention. Perfect!

"I stubbed my toe."

"You stubbed your toe?" Midoryia lifted a brow, she was a few steps away from the bed. Y/n nodded and pointed a finger to the bed.

"Yep. Stubbed my toe, it hurt a lot" She answered plainly, Midoryia glanced at her and the bedframe a few times before shaking his head and laughing softly. Y/n found herself laughing as well, she glanced at the bathroom door and then at Midoryia.

"I just need to pee, and I'll meet you downstairs. Again, sorry for making you worry" Y/n spat out quickly, clasping her hands together. Midoryia nodded slowly and watched her carefully walk toward the bathroom.

Midoryia stood in the kitchen, stirring a cup of coffee he heard the soft footsteps of Y/n walking down the stairs. He placed the mug on the breakfast bar and looked up at Y/n as she carefully walked over and sat on the stool.

"Do you want toast? I have sourdough or white" Midoryia asked as he grabbed a piece of bread, Y/n took a sip of the coffee Midoryia had made her and smiled softly.

"Sourdough please...your coffee skills are getting better" Y/n teased as she took another sip, Midoryia turned to look at her. Her usual personality was back, he felt his shoulders relax and his stomach un-tighten.

"You think so?" Midoryia asked as he placed the slices of bread in the toaster, he leaned on the counter and took a sip of his own coffee. It wasn't as bitter and more sweet then the coffee he had made for her a few days ago.

"Take it from the barista, this tastes edible" Y/n giggled as Midoryia playfully frowned at her. He shook his head and turned to set their plates. Y/n sat and watched him, his every move in her focus. Her legs crossed and that same warm feeling in her abdomen she refused to think about.

*********

"Uravity? is a teammate under our care?" Uraraka walked into the hospital, her eyes dark and her hair disheveled. She stared at the nurse who smiled sweetly at her, she shook her head and clenched her fists.