Chapter 12: 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒱𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓉

"Okay

"Okay.... I can do this"

Kamanari nervously stood outside of Midoryia's office, twisting his fingers as he considered knocking on the large wooden door. Kamanari shook his head and went to turn around, the idea of Midoryia rejecting the invitation making his stomach hurt. Kamanari swallowed thickly as he spun around, making direct eye contact with Mina. Mina shook her head and twirled her finger, motioning Kamanara to turn back around.

"No! Turn back around and ask him!" She whispered aggressively, Kamanari stomped his foot dramatically and turned back around to the door. Running a hand through his hair, he fixed his posture and sighed.

"I know!" He shouted back, taking a deep breath. He knocked on the door, waiting for his friend to walk out. Kamanari tensed, the sound of an annoyed and exhausted groan came from behind the door. followed by the sound of footsteps, Kamanari smiled awkwardly as Midoryia opened the door.

"Oh, hi Kamanari. Everything okay?" Midoryia asked, folding his arms and leaning against the door frame, Kamanari nodded his head vigorously and avoided Midoryia's eyes. Kamanari had practically forgotten the script he had come up with 5 seconds earlier.

"Hey, man! You still in for tonight?" Kamanari spat nervously, raising his shoulders and looking at Midoryia with a bright smile. Confused, Midoryia lifted an eyebrow.

"Tonight? What's tonight?" Mina slapped her forehead. Ducking behind the wall when Midoryia looked toward her. He sighed, realizing the two were up to something. Midoryia shook his head and looked back to Kamanari with a confused expression.

"Dude, did you seriously forget? It's Sero's birthday tomorrow, so we are going to that club downtown tonight to celebrate." Midoryia had completely forgotten the plans made months ago. Chewing on his lip, he couldn't leave Y/n home alone. Midoryia ran a hand through his hair and groaned.

"Shoot, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot, I don't think I can make it tonight." Midoryia said apologetically, leaning off of the door. Kamanari smirked, he had a hunch Midoryia had forgotten, but he and Mina had a plan. It was time to go in for the kill.

"Well, we have an extra ticket for your... Female friend... if that changes anything" Kamanari leaned in, hoping Midoryia would correct him and say "girlfriend". Wiggling his eyebrows, Midoryia noticed the action and felt his cheeks warm up.

"Female freind!? y-you uh....mean Y/n!?!?" Kamanari backed up a step as Midoryia's sudden shout sent a chill down his spine. Panicked he began to stutter.

"Uhm yes! She is more than welcome! Here man! I gotta help uh.... Uhm... MINA WITH SOMETHING" Shoving the ticket into Midoryia's chest, Kamanari ran down the hall. Confused and shocked that Kamanari knew of Y/n, Midoryia placed a hand over his mouth.

He had been so busy lately, was it even a good idea? Did Y/n even like clubs? Would everyone be okay if he brought her? Closing the door and staring at the extra ticket, he felt hot. What would she wear? Would he send her money? Sighing, he dialed her phone number. Shakingly holding the device to his ear.