Chapter 9: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓋𝒶𝓁

"So, what kind of Festival is it?" Y/n asked, walking out of the apartment's lobby doors and gasping as the winter air kissed her nose

"So, what kind of Festival is it?" Y/n asked, walking out of the apartment's lobby doors and gasping as the winter air kissed her nose. Midoryia dug his hands into his jacket and hissed through his teeth. Shrugging his shoulders, he began walking. Making sure she was beside him.

"I believe a winter festival? I saw a flyer for it the other day, it looked like fun!" Glancing down at her, she nodded her head. Deep down, she was excited. Winter was her favorite time of year, Christmas practically fixed all of her problems. She had been counting the days down, and to go to this said festival, she had no chance of containing her excitement.

"Ooh! That sounds like fun!" Walking for a few minutes, red, white, and green lights beaming so brightly across the street made her head perk up. Her hands began shaking, that stupid joy already making itself known. She wanted to run, but patiently kept herself by Midoryia.

Walking into the brightly colored festival, Y/n's eyes brightened. The smell of Popcorn, Peppermint, and joy made her jump within. Christmas was a month away, yet she could feel the spirit travel through her. With a bright smile, she grabbed Midoryia's arm and stared up at him. She was like a little kid in a candy store, her excitement made him start to bounce with joy.

"This looks amazing!" He whispered, both of their eyes scanning all the pop-up shops, Y/n giggled as children ran past them. Holding candy canes and screaming with laughter. All though the cold air tried to make her shiver, she was full of warmth. Her attention was caught by a workshop, she gasped so loud Midoryia almost yelped.

"WOAH! There is a Christmas decoration workshop! We have to do it!! Please!?!" Pulling at his arm and pointing aggressively, Midoryia melted under her touch. There was no way he could so no to her, at this point if she wanted to jump off a cliff and ask him to join her, he would say yes.

"Let's do it!" Wrapping his hand in hers, they ran like little kids. Giggling and full of Christmas joy, It felt so good. With Christmas music playing all around, Y/n noticed Wham's "Last Christmas" was playing. Reaching the shop's wooden counters she gave Midoryia a smug smile.

"Neow I know what a fooool I've been" With her hand on her chest, she dramatically sang to the music. Lifting an eyebrow to him, he chuckled.

"But if you kiss me now, I know you'd fool me again" Lifting his fist as if he had been dramatically hurt, the two burst into laughter. Y/n felt her face heat up, the way he wrapped his arms around his stomach and leaned down when he laughed, it was a sight she didn't want to leave her eyes.

"Hi! You two interested?" An older woman with long white hair asked, her arms crossed and her glasses decorated like a candy cane. Y/n nodded her head vigorously, and Midoryia gave a panicked nod. So it was Christmas that made her beam like this? He never wanted this holiday to end.

"Perfect! We have a bench over there, a booklet of instructions, and many different tools and materials to create. Knock yourselves out, kids!" Y/n gripped Midoryia's wrist, she didn't break her stride as she sailed toward the table. With Midoryia being pulled forward his tiny yelp made Y/n turn her head for a brief moment. Then that warm smile made his stumble worth it.