chapter 104

Chapter 104: The Two Reconcile: Officers Visit the Door

“You go first!”

The two of them said in unison again.

In the end, Liu Sisi nodded her head: “You go first.”

Di Yelei pondered for a moment and said earnestly: “Sisi, you’re right. I was wrong, I shouldn’t have forced you and been aggressive towards you, or lost my temper at you! I shouldn’t have made you angry! I promise there won’t be a next time. Please forgive me! From now on, I will treat you well and not let you be wronged! Sisi…”

“…Is that all you want to say?”

The smile on Liu Sisi’s face disappeared, her gaze heavy.

Di Yelei was somewhat uncertain, having said all that he should have said, but Liu Sisi’s expression was growing more and more unpleasant.

“Sisi, you’re so beautiful and capable, and also knowledgeable. I know I don’t deserve you. But I’m sincere about you! I’m truly committed to spending my life with you. It’s me who is stupid, foolish, and useless because I can’t earn enough silver! I… please forgive me. I promise there won’t be a next time! Sisi…”

Her movements suddenly paused, and she raised her head to glare at him!

In her heart, waves were surging, she wished she could slap him!

“Di Yelei, in your heart, is that really why you think I, Liu Sisi, am angry? Then you really underestimate me, Liu Sisi.”

Having said that, she put away the ink and brush from the table, rolled up the paper and put the books into the cloth bag, then walked straight into the bedroom.

“Sisi, don’t be angry…”

Di Yelei was suddenly anxious and hurriedly reached out to grab her arm.

But then, when she turned to look back, he quickly let go of her.

“Sisi, don’t be angry. If you have something to say, just say it. Even if a criminal made a mistake, they should be allowed to know exactly what they did wrong, don’t you think?”

“Fine then! Let’s not talk about your forcefulness today!”

Liu Sisi nodded: “Di Yelei, let me ask you. Since you saw Zhang Shixin bully me that day, why didn’t you come out to help and instead hid yourself? Tell me, huh? Tell me!”

“I… Sisi, hear me out!”

Di Yelei avoided her gaze, lowered his head, and suddenly didn’t know how to continue.

“Sisi, that day I came back from the old house and searched everywhere for you. I just heard some noise outside, so I hurriedly walked out of the courtyard. I looked up and saw you struggling with him. Before I could speak, you shook him off. I… I was afraid you’d feel embarrassed if you saw me, so I hid myself, not thinking it would lead to so many misunderstandings.”

“Is it really as you say?” Liu Sisi narrowed her eyes slightly.

Di Yelei suddenly raised his head and raised his right hand: “Sisi! You are my, Di Yelei’s wife, and I promise! From now on, anyone who dares to bully you has to get past me, Di Yelei, first. Even myself is not an exception. If I break this oath, I will…”

“Stop! Why are you making such a vow so casually?”

Liu Sisi quickly grabbed his hand, rolled her eyes: “Just remember what you said today, that’s enough.”

Having said that, she poked his chest with a finger: “And most importantly! Don’t ever let me find out you don’t trust me. If you believe someone’s instigation so easily again, see how I’ll deal with you!”